Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture vs DoubleCash

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture vs DoubleCash

They both advertise 2% or 2x miles on general purchases, unlimited. In your opinion, which is better? The Venture has a $59 AF, but does anyone know what the redemption values are like on the Venture?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Venture vs DoubleCash

They are worth exactly 1c/pt...the reward potential is the exact same for both of them except the double cash has no af and the venture has a $400 sign on bonus...get them both, meet the spend requirement for venture cancel before af and then keep the double cash
Message 2 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They are worth exactly 1c/pt...the reward potential is the exact same for both of them except the double cash has no af and the venture has a $400 sign on bonus...get them both, meet the spend requirement for venture cancel before af and then keep the double cash

Right, unless you have significant FTF (in which case a Quicksilver + Double Cash might be good).   The Venture redemptions can  be used for travel and a few other things, Double Cash is unrestricted.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The venture has a higher approval rate
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture also has much higher starting limits.

Message 5 of 6
Pway
Valued Contributor

I would go with the venture.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.