Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VentureOne app itch advise anyone?

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

VentureOne app itch advise anyone?

my last pull was in november (4 mo.) recent (1yr) HQ:  ex: 3 tu: 4 eq: 6

any thoughts? advise? i am sooo wanting this card. creditcards.com cardmatch keeps bringing this card up as the top card match for me. and i want this card sooo bad. i haven't had a cap one yet and i think it is time. but i dont' press the credit button until it is prime for me to push it.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: VentureOne app itch advise anyone?

Do you prefer the AF  or no AF version

Message 2 of 9
jefftca925
Established Contributor

you have to remember that Cap One pulls all 3 bureaus.  I believe they require an "excellent" credit history for this card.  If it were me, I'd make sure my scores were 750+ before pulling the trigger.  Others might wanna chime in too...

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 3 of 9
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

When applying with Cap One for prime cards, it's important to be at one's best in order to get a good initial credit line. Cap One doesn't seem to grow with you as much as others. In fact, obtaining CLI has been described by many on here as difficult (read: impossible).

My EQ score was in the mid 760s with no inquiries when I applied for and obtained a No Hassle Cash Rew. They gave me a very generous CL of $7500. I can live with that even if it will never go up. It's good. It's substantial. It's all I need for what I charge on this card (a few hundred bucks each month).

I'd recommend that you let all of your inquiries age to at least 12 months and then apply. Make sure, your utilization is good, too. If you apply now, you might be approved with a smaller CL than when you apply with the parameters I mentioned in good shape.

Message 4 of 9
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i am waiting for my amex to update with transunion before i make a decision. my credit file still makes my amex look like its still jan 10. sigh.

Message 5 of 9
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

I went to update yet again, and still no changes to Amex! Sigh...
Message 6 of 9
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

There is a pretty nifty offer for the regular Venture card, something about matching miles from another program.  You should check it out.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 7 of 9
shiftomnimega
Regular Contributor

The AF venture card is a much better choice since you get a full 2 miles per dollar instead of 1.25 AND you get the bonus miles referred to above.  The annual fee is waived for the first year so the bonus at least pays for the annual fee for year 2 and a good chunk of year 3.  

There is a mathematically correct way of determining if the AF is worth it or not.  If this will be your main card, then it probably is.  If you don't plan on having the card open for more than 3 years, then it definitely is.  

Message 8 of 9
doood71
Regular Contributor

Cap one pulled all 3 bureaus for me, but sent me a letter stating my Experian FICO score and informed me that if approved I would receive the card in 3-7 business days (even though I was approved instantly online).  

Scores were 745 EX, 750ish EQ, and 745 TU (I think overall util was around 20-25%)

I had at least 2 inquiries on EQ and 2 on TU at time of application, but none on EX.

Given nice 15,000 CL, but horrible APR of 19.9

I have the AF card and I'm digging the miles.  Rewards update within 2-3 business days and 10,000 mile bonus was given within 2 business days of spending 1,000.

***If you're somewhere near my situation, and you need/want the card, I say go for it.*** The power is yours.

2/15/2011 TU: 773 ~ EQ: 780
8/15/2011 TU: 766 ~ EQ: 783 ~ EX: 753 (psecu)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.