Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ventureone email

tag
pats23
Contributor

Ventureone email

Just got an email from cap one that said my cap1 plat card is available to add rewards to call today no application and switch to a ventureone gold card. Have people had this happen before? Is it a good card? I never use my cap1 card because the rewards aren't that good. Thoughts?

$4000----------- $5000------------$15000-------------$3500-------------NPSL----------$2500------------$5000----------$10000--------$5000
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Ventureone email

Congrats on your upgrade. The Venture is their higher tier cc.
Message 2 of 13
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

I got the same email and is the second time around for me. About 1.5 years ago the made me the same offer and I didn't Tibet then and don't know if I will bite now either.

I get cash back on my current Cap1 card and really don't use miles so while there isn't an annual fee on the new card I am giving up maybe 100 cash back a year to get a venture card so for me, I don't think so.
Message 3 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

If they've given you the option of ventureone miles in an email and you would prefer cash back, you should have no problem calling up or using the "Chat Now" feature to get cash back instead. Just say you would like to add rewards, and they should say "cash back, or travel miles" 

Congrats. 

Message 5 of 13
ottergo4
Contributor

Re: Venture email

Got the same e-mail yesterday to upgrade to venture one, but the travel rewards have little value for me. Might try asking to go to the cash rewards. Had to kinda giggle though when I went to my account and tried the "modify features" button and as usually it's the button to nowhere.

Message 6 of 13
Simply827
Established Contributor

Did your Platinum start out as a rebuilder card?

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 7 of 13
p-
Valued Contributor

@ottergo4 wrote:Had to kinda giggle though when I went to my account and tried the "modify features" button and as usually it's the button to nowhere.

Yeah, I always thought of that button like those stick on switches you can get for your car that say "Nitro" and "Missles".  

Message 8 of 13
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@ottergo4 wrote:

Got the same e-mail yesterday to upgrade to venture one, but the travel rewards have little value for me. Might try asking to go to the cash rewards. Had to kinda giggle though when I went to my account and tried the "modify features" button and as usually it's the button to nowhere.

That button's useless. I pressed it and got the usual "not eligible for upgrades or offers" type of message. Right after that, I intiated a chat session and asked a CSR about upgrading my Platinum to Venture, and she told me that I was indeed eligible to do so. If that button isn't going to do anything useful, then I wish that they would just get rid of it.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 9 of 13
pats23
Contributor

It was actually my first card ever 6 years ago. Had a 300cl for 5 year exec emailed a few months ago and got cash rewards no AF and cl to 3500 and no this email

$4000----------- $5000------------$15000-------------$3500-------------NPSL----------$2500------------$5000----------$10000--------$5000
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.