Valued Contributor
jsucool76

Re: Venture email

tinuviel wrote:

ottergo4 wrote:

Got the same e-mail yesterday to upgrade to venture one, but the travel rewards have little value for me. Might try asking to go to the cash rewards. Had to kinda giggle though when I went to my account and tried the "modify features" button and as usually it's the button to nowhere.

That button's useless. I pressed it and got the usual "not eligible for upgrades or offers" type of message. Right after that, I intiated a chat session and asked a CSR about upgrading my Platinum to Venture, and she told me that I was indeed eligible to do so. If that button isn't going to do anything useful, then I wish that they would just get rid of it.

That was the same story with me tinu, except I did cash rewards :smileytongue: 

Wallet: Capital One Cash Rewards 3500CL, Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa: 900CL, Paypal Smart Connect: 1286CL, Walmart Discover: 2000CL, UPromise Mastercard: 1000CL, Chase Slate: 500CL, Discover IT: 1500CL, Citi Forward: 1500CL, Bank Of America Student Travel Rewards: 700CL
Frequent Contributor
Scuba

Yes, I consider my Cap1 a "builder" card card because it was the 1st card after hitting bottom and they gave me a $4K CL and credit when no one else would. 

I pay a $29 annual fee but I don't mind because I get lots of cash back.

Valued Contributor
p-

Scuba wrote: Yes, I consider my Cap1 a "builder" card card because it was the 1st card after hitting bottom and they gave me a $4K CL and credit when no one else would. I pay a $29 annual fee but I don't mind because I get lots of cash back. 

Same here - I started with a cap1 rebuilder.  If you have gotten to the point that you qualify for high limits with other prime cards, you should consider asking the EO for a product change, or to at least remove the AF for you.  

2-13-14: FICO EXP: 779 - EQU: 742 - TRAN: 765 - AVG: 762 - +212 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+