Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venue Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venue Card?

I got a catalog and 'pre-approved' offer for Venue Card (Venue.com) which basically is an online 'luxury item' site (watches, computers, electronics, jewlery, etc.)

I could use a couple things on there but am wondering how they report.

For instace if I order $2k worth of items, will I then be reported as $2k Line $2k Balance which will affect my utilization poorly?  

If this is not really a credit-card but more of a 'store card' will that help my mix at all?

If it IS a store card does it still report as revolving?

Anyone have experience with this?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

Re: Venue Card?

looks like it's a charge card and not a visa/mc type of credit card
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.   So how do charge cards get scored on your credit report?  Do they give you a limit and if so is it part of your utilization or is it scored separately?  I know Amex is *supposed* to be charge but seems to get mixed in all the time.

If it is charge that would be cool, the only concern would be the inquiry hit.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a catalog and 'pre-approved' offer for Venue Card (Venue.com) which basically is an online 'luxury item' site (watches, computers, electronics, jewlery, etc.)

I could use a couple things on there but am wondering how they report.

For instace if I order $2k worth of items, will I then be reported as $2k Line $2k Balance which will affect my utilization poorly?  

If this is not really a credit-card but more of a 'store card' will that help my mix at all?

If it IS a store card does it still report as revolving?

Anyone have experience with this?

If you go with this card be careful - not that they're bad - they tend to excessively expensive. I looked at the MIO GPS. On Venue the MIO is $300. At Best Buy, the same GPS is $160.
Message Edited by FaircreditguyFL on 11-19-2008 06:50 PM
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, good call.  In many cases 25% and more above MSRP...
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

is this card easy to be approved for?
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, this card is very easy to get.....i have NO credit score because of inactive credit...least that what the bank said, and i got approved for $1,800 with this card..the card is thru World Financial Capitol Bank...granted the prices are a tad higher than going to a store with cash, but, it seems like a good way for me to work on my credit...these cards have a what i consider a high interest rate mine being the highest starting rate of 22.99%. the only catch to these cards is that its interest free for upto 18 months if approved for over $1,900, but the interest builds during that period, and if not paid by end of promo period, they add all that acrued intrest to your balance....so if u get this card, pay it off before the promo is up, and its all good....
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
yes, this card is very easy to get.....i have NO credit score because of inactive credit...least that what the bank said, and i got approved for $1,800 with this card..the card is thru World Financial Capitol Bank...granted the prices are a tad higher than going to a store with cash, but, it seems like a good way for me to work on my credit...these cards have a what i consider a high interest rate mine being the highest starting rate of 22.99%. the only catch to these cards is that its interest free for upto 18 months if approved for over $1,900, but the interest builds during that period, and if not paid by end of promo period, they add all that acrued intrest to your balance....so if u get this card, pay it off before the promo is up, and its all good....
Can you say Fingerhut?
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

i, called last night, and they gave me the 7 to 10 day letter..which means declined, at least for me anyway....but yes they seem exactly like fingerhut..even down to the same prices..but they are not financed by the same people..they are financed by the same bank as Blair clothing.....
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh, thank you for explaining who/what Venue is - I'd spotted a soft from them on my EX report from a couple of months back. I suppose I probably received, and threw out without even looking at, the catalogue, which would explain why I had no idea who they are!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.