Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verve, First Access & First Premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verve, First Access & First Premier

I would like to let you all know...

That this has been a long road to recovery. And a part  of that recovery is knowing when to throw the towel in. With that said...

Since the approval of the Chase Freedom ($4,000) & Slate ($3,200) and the Cabelas Visa ($4,000) this week. I have closed and said good-bye to the First Access ($350-Mid-America Bank & Trust), Verve ($625-Continental Finance) and the First Premier ($500) cards!

That was hard. BUT, I have a new net CL increase of: $9,725.

I remember when I was rebuilding in 2014, I did a payment plan for my old charged off debt from Mid-America & Continental. And they still accepted me back with a new lines of credit. I showed them how grown up I was.

First Premier has a retention dept, which tried to lure me to stay by telling me that my AAoA would be taking a hit. That's ok. in 24 months, I'll rebound, better than ever! They said if I changed my mind, they'll keep my account available for 90 days.

No disrespect, they've done their jobs, and now: 

ADIOS... THEY'RE OUTTA HERE!.00

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Verve, First Access & First Premier (Sub-Prime)

@Anonymous wrote:

I would like to let you all know...

That this has been a long road to recovery. And a part  of that recovery is knowing when to throw the towel in. With that said...

Since the approval of the Chase Freedom ($4,000) & Slate ($3,200) and the Cabelas Visa ($4,000) this week. I have closed and said good-bye to the First Access ($350-Mid-America Bank & Trust), Verve ($625-Continental Finance) and the First Premier ($500) cards!

That was hard. BUT, I have a new net CL increase of: $9,725.

I remember when I was rebuilding in 2014, I did a payment plan for my old charged off debt from Mid-America & Continental. And they still accepted me back with a new lines of credit. I showed them how grown up I was.

First Premier has a retention dept, which tried to lure me to stay by telling me that my AAoA would be taking a hit. That's ok. in 24 months, I'll rebound, better than ever! They said if I changed my mind, they'll keep my account available for 90 days.

No disrespect, they've done their jobs, and now: 

ADIOS... THEY'RE OUTTA HERE!.00

You did the right thing.

As a matter of fact, it won't affect your average age of accounts at all, since the closed accounts will continue to report for around 10 years.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.