Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Good News For US Bank Cash + card members from April 2013

tag
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Very Good News For US Bank Cash + card members from April 2013

I have comcast and that seems to qualify.  OF COURSE I JUST PREPAID my cable for the rest of the year.  LOL I can't win.  Good news though.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 11 of 24
bs6054
Valued Contributor

OK, so it sounds official.  Really wonder why they don't call it Telecommunications though.  I hope it's not to give them wiggle room to later reject non-wireless providers if there is still too much spend in this category.

I got Verizon to stop my One-bill (where landline and wireless appear on the same bill) as this is billed from Verizon Communications rather than Verizon Wireless, and produce a separate wireless bill.    Sounds like I didn't need to!

Message 12 of 24
Gharlane

My Verizon Wireless bill was also 4899 ("Cable, Satellite, and Other Pay Television and Radio") in January and February, then 4814 ("Telecommunication Services") in March.

My local phone company (a co-op) is 4812 ("Telecommunication Equipment and Telephone Sales") .  Frontier (my landline) is 4814.  And TiVo is 4899.

Bookstores is:

5192 (Books, Periodicals, and Newspapers)

5735 (Record Stores)

5942 (Book Stores)  (Both Amazon and Amazon Marketplace)

Department Stores: 5311

Electronics: (5732)  (BestBuy, BestBuy.com via Paypal, Fry's, Newegg, Geeks.com)

Recent scores: TU FICO 802; EQ FICO 812; EX PLUS (FAKO) 815

CLs: Amex Blue 20.3K | Amex Costco TE 20K | Chase Slate 19.8K | Chase Slate 16.5K | USBank Cash+ Sig 17K | Sears 5.6K | Discover More 6.5K
Message 13 of 24
darkpearl
Regular Contributor

Does anyone know about Netflix or Tivo? Great news thanks for sharing, insurance is the best bill pay though.

Message 14 of 24
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Update:   I chose the cell phone category for Q2, and paid my normal Verizon bills.   They posted 4/2, with MCC 04899 (as usual).   They apparently did NOT get the bonus, just the 1%.   Anyone had success with this?

Message 15 of 24
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

@Gharlane wrote:

My Verizon Wireless bill was also 4899 ("Cable, Satellite, and Other Pay Television and Radio") in January and February, then 4814 ("Telecommunication Services") in March.

My local phone company (a co-op) is 4812 ("Telecommunication Equipment and Telephone Sales") .  Frontier (my landline) is 4814.  And TiVo is 4899.

Bookstores is:

5735 (Record Stores)

Electronics: (5732)  (BestBuy, BestBuy.com via Paypal, Fry's, Newegg, Geeks.com)

Does this mean that anything sold from Amazon or Amazon Marketplace qualifies for 5%?

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 16 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

5% for Amazon?! 

Is this going to stay?

If so I am definitely applying in August!!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 24
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

@Gharlane wrote:

Bookstores is:

5735 (Record Stores)

Does this mean that anything sold from Amazon or Amazon Marketplace qualifies for 5%?

There are some threads on that, but basically someone needs to try.   They officially list Amazon Kindle as the example, which gets the Record Store MCC.  But obviously for other book stores they need the 5922, so they would have to implement special code to restrict Amazon to Kindle stuff.  They might or might not have done this, hence the need for a test.

But my Verizon test contradicts what the OP was told, so we just don't know.

Message 18 of 24
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Very Good News For US Bank Cash + card members from April 2013 - NOT about Amazon

@bs6054 wrote:

Update:   I chose the cell phone category for Q2, and paid my normal Verizon bills.   They posted 4/2, with MCC 04899 (as usual).   They apparently did NOT get the bonus, just the 1%.   Anyone had success with this?

So US Bank responded to my query, looks like it really is restricted to cell stuff.

We understand your concern regarding the 5% rebate for your cell phone purchases, [first name as personal touch!]. Our records indicate the transaction to Verizon is categorized as  "Cable, Satellite, and Other Paye TV/ Radio".  Therefore these transactions did not qualify for the 5% rebate.

Message 19 of 24
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Very Good News For US Bank Cash + card members from April 2013 - NOT about Amazon

@bs6054 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

So US Bank responded to my query, looks like it really is restricted to cell stuff.

We understand your concern regarding the 5% rebate for your cell phone purchases, [first name as personal touch!]. Our records indicate the transaction to Verizon is categorized as  "Cable, Satellite, and Other Paye TV/ Radio".  Therefore these transactions did not qualify for the 5% rebate.

Hm, puts a new meaning in "narrowly" defining a term.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.