Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Surprised by Citi...

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Very Surprised by Citi...

What is the difference between world and world elite?

also is there a cap on spend or is it unlimited to get the 1% on both buying and paying. 

Thanks 

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's limited to your income... lol.
Message 12 of 22
ddemari
Super Contributor

Congrats on your new citi card! I am hoping to get myself a DC oneday! Enjoy. 

Message 13 of 22
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your new card.

Message 14 of 22
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Mine had an original limit of 2.5k and came as WEMC. While I don't really care as I don't intend to use any of the benefits, it does seem they are pretty variable with this card. Some get WMC, some get WEMC, and limit doesn't seem to be the factor, really.

Message 15 of 22
Sharingan
Established Contributor

My Citi Double Cash is a World MasterCard. It had an initial $6000 SL at 12.99% interest, but I got it before the WEMC DC was a thing. Isn't the Citi Premier a WEMC too? I've seen plenty of $2000 approvals for it. A lot of the Citi AA cards were upgraded to that status as well with varying CLs. 

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Consider yourself lucky. It seems to be a targeted thing when applying. And customers can be offered to convert later.

Mine came as a world mastercard, I was not expecting that, just a mastercard. But I discovered all double cash cards are either world, or world elite!

Consider yourself ahead of the game with the elite and hopefully its benefits will come in handy!  What is your apr? Our scores/limits are similar thats why I am asking. I got 0 for 18 months then 13.99%.

That's not quite true.   I PC'd from a World card, and got a plain Double Cash.

And some getting cards with World on turned out not to have the normal world benefits (such as flexible spend).   Quite a lot of variation on this card!

im sorry, all NEW double cash cards that arent PC are either WMC or WEMC.

and I am pretty sure that it used to be any visa signature or WMC/WEMC used to have NPSL but something changed with that. Cuz for a while the cards would hurt a persons credit as it didnt show the acutal limit just the high balance.

Message 17 of 22
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Citi gave me a World Elite Super Duper Mastercard

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DrZoidberg wrote:

Citi gave me a World Elite Super Duper Mastercard

LOL

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

the world elite super duper mastercard is the new standard
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.