Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very bad Cap 1

tag
MoreCowbell
Established Member

Re: Very bad Cap 1

In April I put almost $3k in a tax payment on my Cap1 with a $3500 limit; I was still at  0% interest at that time. The transaction went through with no problem. 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did talk with them and also started getting fraud notices on every charge I made with them.  Now that I confirmed my last 5 uses of this card  maybe this will stop.  

Message 12 of 14
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Their anti-fraud protection shut me down pretty frequently for a while. But I seemed to "train" it after a few weeks. It's easy enough to confirm charges and get the card re-activated, though. The trick is knowing that a card is restricted so you avoid running into a charge being declined.

When the fraud protection kicks in, consider it to be like a fire drill. You're seeing the first steps of what happens when there's real fraud. Because I had actual fraudulent charges on two Capital One cards this year, I'm glad the protection is there. Cleaning up the messes went pretty smoothly.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really wanted to run that large charge and a few decent ones on this card so when its time for cli I could get a get a good one. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.