cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very concerned about my first month statement, please help!

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Very concerned about my first month statement, please help!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

I just applied for capital 1's quick silver one coule weeks ago with a $500 CL.  I've been using it all the time so that they can see my heavy usage and possibly give me some CLI in couple months. However, my statement date and due date wasn't posted until today. And I just noticed that my statement date was yesterday, the 6th.  I had about $400 credit. Will the nearly 80% credit ultilization being reported? If so, this is really unfair because they told me the statement date AFTER it passed. I would have paid everything off if I knew it ahead. I always tried to pay off my credit card before the closing date and so far my credit ultilization is 0%.  I called capital one 30 minutes ago and the rep told me that they won't report credit info until the 10th. So he said as long as I paid it now, it shouldn't be reported but he was not 100% sure. I just paid $400. But I'm still concerd whether they would report my high credit ultilization or not? Thanks!

1. They will report the statement balance.

2. When I open a new credit card, if the site doesn't tell me when the first statement cuts, I call customer service and ask.

3. Yeah you'll get a ding over the 80% utilization, but in a month it will be gone, so it's not a big deal.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 11 of 12
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Very concerned about my first month statement, please help!

Next year you will have 5k limits and none if this will matter.  Don't sweat it. Use the card, Pay the bill, Get your CLI.

Start an app or spreadsheet and track your dates and stuff.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.