Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very confused at score change after Amex addition

tag
mahmood
Established Member

Very confused at score change after Amex addition

My EQ was 674 yesterday and today its 660, and the only difference is that today a new Amex card with $7500 limit and $149 balance is reporting, its reducing my overall utilization ratio too. So i thought the score would go up if anything. The new factor affecting my score today that didnt show up yesterday reads "worst rating ever on national credit cards trades" - lol i have no idea what this means?! Does anyone know?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Very confused at score change after Amex addition

A new card hurts in the areas of hard pull, new tradeline, and reduced AAoA, and helps in lowering utilization.

It's hard to say which of these factors will win out, although a large drop in utilization (e.g. 80% to 20%) may dominate the negative factors.  A small drop in utilization probably isn't enough to do it.

Message 2 of 10
cakebuilder
New Contributor

if I may ask, when did you acquire your amex and how long did it take before it reported to eq?

.......$23k....................$8k......................$2k

Current FICO EQ: 775, EX: 764 | Current FAKO CK: 788

Message 3 of 10
mahmood
Established Member

The drop from the inquiry happened already and was factored in to the 674, since that gets reported much sooner than the card itself. Maybe its the AAoA then, but still I don't get the wording "worst rating ever on national credit cards trades" as the new factor that's hurting my score. Unless that phrase translates to AAoA or something
Message 4 of 10
mahmood
Established Member

Cakebuilder I got approved for it about a month ago and it just started reporting
Message 5 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Are we talking FICOs here or some montoring service with FAKOs??

Message 6 of 10
fot1
Established Contributor

Do you have other cards carrying balances?  Having more cards show a balance hurts your score....

Too many to list..
Message 7 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@mahmood wrote:
My EQ was 674 yesterday and today its 660, and the only difference is that today a new Amex card with $7500 limit and $149 balance is reporting, its reducing my overall utilization ratio too. So i thought the score would go up if anything. The new factor affecting my score today that didnt show up yesterday reads "worst rating ever on national credit cards trades" - lol i have no idea what this means?! Does anyone know?

What was your AAOA before and after?  If the only thing that has changed, its more than likely a combination of a lowered AAOA, and one more cc reporting a balance.

Message 8 of 10
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

My BCE reported Friday with a $2000 CL and a 0 balance.  It caused my EQ FAKO to drop from 684 to 677 but that's still up from 639 last month. 

My TU FICO from Wal-Mart was 691 last month, but I can't actually make that update whenever I want so I wont know the real affect until next month.  I'm guessing if anything it will remain flat.  I don't really expect much of a decrease, but we shall see.

Message 9 of 10
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@mahmood wrote:
The drop from the inquiry happened already and was factored in to the 674, since that gets reported much sooner than the card itself. Maybe its the AAoA then, but still I don't get the wording "worst rating ever on national credit cards trades" as the new factor that's hurting my score. Unless that phrase translates to AAoA or something

Was that a FAKO score reason?  If so, totally ignore it.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.