Did you mean: 

Very disapointed with Capital One

tag
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

Re: Very disapointed with Capital One

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Zelaya wrote:

So I had their Platinum MC  credit card since June,2012 with AF and high APR, on June 2013 I was able to do a PC with no AF & lowered APR with the new Venture One rewards. When I received the new card it says " Venture platinum yellow ugly card. I spoke with a rep through ichat last week and he asure me I was getting the new blue venture card so I received the cards yesterday and it's same yellow card. I gave up with Capital One and make them a sock drawer.

Wait, they're putting "Venture platinum yellow ugly card" right on the card these days? I'm going to call them right away and demand I get a new Quicksilver card that says "Shiny pretty silver card" on it!

hahaha got jokes...

Message 11 of 26
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

"VERY" dissapointed because of the color of the card? Especially one you can use as a signal flare if you get lost in the woods/snow/ocean?

I could care less if bank X wants to issue me a card with good rewards, high limit,zero APR for 12 months and its pink and puke green. I'd be disappointed if I didn't take advantage of a card's "perks" because of its color.

Geez, I'm disappointed this wasn't yet another slam Cap-1 thread - I look forward to those almost as much as "I didn't get a $25,000 CLI after 90 days and I so deserved it because I made my payments as agreed" thread.

Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 26
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

Guys on a serious note, I can careless of the color of the card, I'm more disapointed at how rep from Capital One told me I was getting the new Venture one rewards(blue) card and they send me something different. Everytime I talked to them a rep they tells me something different and can't get any resolution and just listen reading that stupid scrip. I happy to say finally paid them off and have no use for them. 

Message 13 of 26
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Zelaya wrote:

Guys on a serious note, I can careless of the color of the card, I'm more disapointed at how rep from Capital One told me I was getting the new Venture one rewards(blue) card and they send me something different. Everytime I talked to them a rep they tells me something different and can't get any resolution and just listen reading that stupid scrip. I happy to say finally paid them off and have no use for them. 

True story and not meant to rub you the wrong way, but I just requested a new "replacement card" and yes I have the signal flare edition, clicked "damaged or distroyed" as the reason - this is off the menu options, not through a CSR contact - replacement came in last week (very quickly btw) and it was the....yeah you guessed it....blue chip version.

Message 14 of 26
ddemari
Super Contributor

I requested a replacement yellow visa sig venture one. Im hoping mine will be chipped/ blue but not counting on it.
Message 15 of 26
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I don't know if this is an option with the Venture, but at least w/ Quicksilver you can change the image to almost anything you want for free. You don't have to deal with customer service at all. You put your request through on your account page and it gets mailed out. In my experience it takes a little longer than a regular card takes to arrive but then you can have the image/design you want.

I did it because I didn't care for the Quicksilver's default look, the ugly shade of silver and flat numbers. I changed it and got a Disney castle design and it has the raised numbers. Feels more like an actual card not a piece of cardboard.

Message 16 of 26
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I don't know if this is an option with the Venture, but at least w/ Quicksilver you can change the image to almost anything you want for free. You don't have to deal with customer service at all. You put your request through on your account page and it gets mailed out. In my experience it takes a little longer than a regular card takes to arrive but then you can have the image/design you want.

I did it because I didn't care for the Quicksilver's default look, the ugly shade of silver and flat numbers. I changed it and got a Disney castle design and it has the raised numbers. Feels more like an actual card not a piece of cardboard.

Different strokes. I like the color & design and especially the printed numbers - I think it's been at least 20 years since I've had a card run through one of this hand machines that embossed your info on a carbon receipt.

Message 17 of 26
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah, the raised numbers are not a practical necessity anymore, although a few people say that some stores still require you have a raised card (I assume small mom and pops).

Alas, the raised numbers to me always make the card feel more "real" and not like one of those fake "preapproved" cards you sometimes get in the mail as an example of what you can be approved for.

Message 18 of 26
core
Valued Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:
Different strokes. I like the color & design and especially the printed numbers - I think it's been at least 20 years since I've had a card run through one of this hand machines that embossed your info on a carbon receipt.

The raised numbers aren't just for the old carbons.  They are still very helpful if you:  1) Are blind  2) Are in a dark room trying to pay your light bill over the phone after disconnection 3) Are in a darkened pub and/or are too inebriated to open your eyes to pay your bar tab.

The raised numbers also tend to keep the cards in your wallet better.  It's very embarassing when you have a slippery stack of 30 cards go spewing everywhere underneath a blackjack table because your wallet stiching was getting old.  Ask me how I know this.

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

The raised numbers aren't just for the old carbons.  They are still very helpful if you:  1) Are blind  2) Are in a dark room trying to pay your light bill over the phone after disconnection 3) Are in a darkened pub and/or are too inebriated to open your eyes to pay your bar tab.

The raised numbers also tend to keep the cards in your wallet better.  It's very embarassing when you have a slippery stack of 30 cards go spewing everywhere underneath a blackjack table because your wallet stiching was getting old.  Ask me how I know this.

How do you know this?

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.