Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very excited... new Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very excited... new Amex

I have been reading this forum for over a year and I appreciate all the wisdom and effort people put into their posts. I started in 2008 with a First Premier card, CL $350. Of course, it was a total rip off but I had no credit and even the cell phone companies wanted a huge deposit from me. Needless to say, 6 months later the $30 CL increased to $500 and later they gave me another worth $400, because they said they wouldn't increase the limit on just one. I was young and dumb. Anyhow. Flash forward a year, I paid them off and cxld both, which they begged me not to but I'd grown swifter. I  was seeing very minimal credit imporvement and no one wanted to give me even a low liit card ( turns out other creditors see FP and run the other direction). Since the end of 2009; when I closed both my FP accounts, I have been issued a credit card through my credit union for $500, gotten an increase to $1000 and had my rate go from 19% to 9%, bought a house at 3.875%, been issued a Zync Amex and now... my favorite a BCE CL $8000. Credit life is good. Smiley Happy This is it for me, no more credit cards. I am happy with the two and the zync. Keep gardening! The fruits are worth it!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Very excited... new Amex

Congrats!  What a great story - glad you shared it!

Message 2 of 7
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

Way to go!!

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOOHOO! Nice interest rate on your card and mtg!! Now is the time to buy.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have encouraged me today -- thank you so much for sharing your story.Smiley Happy  

Congratulations on all you've accomplished and best wishes for further success.

Message 5 of 7
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Congrats on all your success!  Your mortgage rate is better than mine, lol.  Got mine in 2008 during the credit crisis for 5%, and would love to have your rate.  Keep up the good work!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 6 of 7
mpmss1
Valued Member

Sweet!! Very happy to hear about great outcomes such as yours!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.