cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very frustrated (bank of america)

tag

Re: Very frustrated (bank of america)

I'm bumping this because I am hoping someone can offer real advice about what I can/should do to get that offer again.

Discover IT $2000 CL | Amex BCE $500 CL
Wishlist: Citi Double Cash, Chase Sapphire Preferred, BOA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 11 of 25
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

If you got denied for a card, they will send you a letter stating why the denial,the offer may or may not be with the letter, all you can do is wait it out. Best of luck to you

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 12 of 25
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

As others have said, be patient.  If you showed up in the system as being eligible, as the first representative said, it's likely that the letter that's been mentioned here has already been sent out.  DO NOT submit any more applications, for Bank of America or any other lender.  The absolute best thing you can do is just wait for the letter -- it will be worth it!

Card/Limit/Opened — Discover it: $27,600 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | Banana Republic Visa: $10,000 7/14 | USAA Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $9,000 6/11 | Chase Freedom: $2,000 3/12
History — AAoA: 42 months | Oldest account: 119 months (including AU) | Inquiries: 1 EX 0 EQ 0 TU | Score: 765 (Discover TU) 750 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Message 13 of 25
12njoy
Super Contributor

@C24Webb wrote:

As others have said, be patient.  If you showed up in the system as being eligible, as the first representative said, it's likely that the letter that's been mentioned here has already been sent out.  DO NOT submit any more applications, for Bank of America or any other lender.  The absolute best thing you can do is just wait for the letter -- it will be worth it!

+1

I've apped way too many times in a short period.  It's hard to be patient I know, but sometimes you have to be.  Best of luck to you.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 14 of 25
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Yep, if in fact you did receive the offer, then you will get a letter.  When I got mine 2 years ago I actually accepted the offer and I still received a letter with the offer!  So don't worry it will come.  But as others have said, stop applying, because when you do accept th 99/500 offer it will be another HP and you don't want to be racking up inquiries before you even get a chance to accept the offer Smiley Happy

Edit: Man I just said the word `offer` like ten thousand times in that reply...lol

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 15 of 25

Well, I am updating because I need advice here. I received both rejections and neither came with the $99/$500 offer. I guess I'm just out of luck. : (

Ugh. I really wanted that offer. Is there any way to get it back? Will I just have to go through another failed app?

Wishlist: Citi Double Cash, Chase Sapphire Preferred, BOA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 16 of 25
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

score wise your right about where i was when i was "offered" my barclay rewards card....just saying why boa

Message 17 of 25

I applied for that too and was rejected. Probably because of my bankruptcy. This definitely sucks.

Message 18 of 25
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

how far out of bk are you they approved me 15 months out

Message 19 of 25
Chris679
Established Contributor

Why not just apply the $100 to the other cards that you have to pay off already?
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.