Very nice, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 11 of 21
adavis425
Established Contributor

Re: Very happy/surprised at my recent credit luck

@patsfan1453 wrote:

I wish I had applied for one of the higher grade blue cashes and not the standard but oh well. Update: Denied by Cap1, am honestly not broken up about it. Would rather have better cards in my wallet. Overall goal is to have a chase freedom and amex charge card in the next year or so. I'm about to have about 6 HP on my CS for these cards, was wondering if there was one other I should apply for while I'm at it...any suggestions?

Since you already have the revolver, why not go ahead and app for the charge? Since revolvers are more difficult to obtain, your chances are pretty good that you'd be approved (your CR must be in decent shape).

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 12 of 21
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Treat them well and dont mess them up like most of us here ............

Very nice credit file to start with............

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 13 of 21
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

@patsfan1453 wrote:

Hey everyone, my first post here. I just wanted to share my recent credit luck and how happy I am with it. 

First of all I'm 21 y.o. and had 2 accounts, one CAP1 Plat with 300 limit started in february and a car loan from may. About a week ago I check my cap1 account and see that my limit has been increased from 300 to 500. Nice surprise, so on a whim I check my experian score on freecreditscore.com. Lo and behold I have a 707. So I apply for an Amex Blue...instant approval. I couldn't tell you how excited I was, I have always wanted an Amex and now I have one at 21. So i press my luck, I figure why not have all the hard pulls on my credit at once and see if I can get lucky. So I apply for a Chase freedom, cap1 rewards, citi forward and discover more.

As of today I got declined for the Chase, but got instant approval on the citi and discover, still waiting on the CAP1.

My limits: Amex 1k, Discover 2k, Citi 3k. 

I jumped my credit limit from 500 to 6500 in a week. I so happy and so proud and I can't wait for these shiny new cards to come in the mail! Thanks for reading guys!

Congratulations you have some gr8 cards I must say job very well done!

Message 14 of 21
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

I feel as though I want to wait on the charge, I want to have the flexibility of carry a balance now while I'm in school if I need to. In like a year I'd go for the Gold Premier and reap the rewards Smiley Happy.

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 15 of 21
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Don't give up on Chase, go for a recon! Call one of their backdoor #'s and you might get an underwriter to approve it.
Message 16 of 21
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

@kevinjjc they denied me for lack of credit history, my oldest account is only 7 months old. What would I say to convince them?

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Message 17 of 21
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

Going a little crazy, got a citi simplicity with a 1k limit, no apr for 18 months. 

Message 18 of 21
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Nice spree, not get to the garden.  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 19 of 21
firstladyd
Contributor

Congratulations. Nice starting out limits and cards. You are on your way to 800 club if u treat those well and garden. Good 4 u!!! ;-)

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.