Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very long time lurker - would like some seasoned advice

tag
thummel
Established Contributor

Re: Very long time lurker - would like some seasoned advice

50% of credit limits is score and overall profile the other 50% is income. Just my opinion though. Sometimes income plays a lesser role compared to a strong profile.
Message 21 of 22
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Very long time lurker - would like some seasoned advice

If the CSP made sense, I think I would have PC'd to it from the slate.  You loose the EX-08 score, but gain a no FTF card.   Use CSP for a year.  PC it to a Freedom or CFU.  Then apply for the CSP to get the bonus.  It is not like you are likely to be approved for a CSP in the next year.  

Discover and Cap1 also don't have FTF.  If you are spending enough in Canada, both are worth a look.  Discover has the added bonus of a free monthly TU-08 FICO score.   Discover seems to like thin, clean files.  I don't know if they would approve you or not.  If you haven't already checked, be sure to try Cap1's pre-qual site.  A QS (not QS1) with no FTF would be a good bridge card.  

The cards CK recommends or "finds" is complete garbage.  However, they also have a Chase/Amex pre-qual page.  I believe it is fairly accurate.   It has never found any cards for me even though I have decent FICOs.  I am over 5/24 and have several Amex cards.  I think it only works for Amex if you do not have any Amex cards. 

To replace your EX-08 score, you can sign up for:

https://creditscorecard.com/

It is run by Discover, but you can sign up even if you don't have a Discover card.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.