Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very mad with Walmart Credit Card

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Very mad with Walmart Credit Card

@joltdude wrote:
I am having serious doubts about the credit history of the original OP.. There are too many coincidences and situations that just happen to be occurring to them. Some of it may be due to OP not listening and heeding the forums advice, while others may be the creditors trying to save face and are symptoms of AA, in good faith I cannot take anymore of the ops situations at face value unless another forum member has the same situation... Still feel like we're being led on

Well, you have Credit Addict reporting the same thing, so I assume that this is real.   Just because the OP may be applying for way too much, doesn't mean that some things happen that are not due to process failures on the issuer side.   Unless you want to maintain that these CSRs are never wrong.

Message 21 of 51
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@joltdude wrote:
I am having serious doubts about the credit history of the original OP.. There are too many coincidences and situations that just happen to be occurring to them. Some of it may be due to OP not listening and heeding the forums advice, while others may be the creditors trying to save face and are symptoms of AA, in good faith I cannot take anymore of the ops situations at face value unless another forum member has the same situation... Still feel like we're being led on

Well, you have Credit Addict reporting the same thing, so I assume that this is real.   Just because the OP may be applying for way too much, doesn't mean that some things happen that are not due to process failures on the issuer side.   Unless you want to maintain that these CSRs are never wrong.

I agree that this situation with Walmart and the OP are indeed valid.. but its like the boy who cries wolf.... When is the OP telling the truth or not... My point is that some of these events are self-inflicted!...

Message 22 of 51
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

I agree that this situation with Walmart and the OP are indeed valid.. but its like the boy who cries wolf.... Some of these events are self-inflicted!...

I think lenders would be more willing to care or help if he did things like stop applying to make himself  look favorable...

Message 23 of 51
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

It makes me feel bad when someone has to seek desperate measures just to have something in their name.  You can sense frustration in not getting what they want, so they "down grade" just to have something that they know isn't great but will make it great for them when they don't need it for any other purpose but to just have another card.  Even the cards I have aren't that hard to get, but you have to earn them. 

Message 24 of 51
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

I agree that this situation with Walmart and the OP are indeed valid.. but its like the boy who cries wolf.... When is the OP telling the truth or not... My point is that some of these events are self-inflicted!...

Since CA said this happened I'll let it slide, but the applying for paypal and "accidentally' getting the ebay card I don't buy. Lenders don't accidentally send you the wrong card. lol 

Message 25 of 51
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

Since CA said this happened I'll let it slide, but the applying for paypal and "accidentally' getting the ebay card I don't buy. Lenders don't accidentally send you the wrong card. lol 

How does one get the wrong card sent to you? Unless you applied for the wrong card.

Message 26 of 51
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

There was actually a story that I read recently on another CC forum where someone apped for a Chase Marriott and was approved but they ended up sending that person a CSP! I think it would have be a really really rare occurrence but somehow it happened here.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 27 of 51
keithB
Established Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

How does one get the wrong card sent to you? Unless you applied for the wrong card.

Prolly forgot he app'd for it.  Easy to lose count after doing about 10-20 apps in a night.

Message 28 of 51
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-sent-wrong-card/m-p/2640513/highlight/true#M754678

Message 29 of 51
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@keithB wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

Prolly forgot he app'd for it.  Easy to lose count after doing about 10-20 apps in a night.

That's probably what happened. Yet again, apping for 2-3 cards every week since March does things like that to people.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.