Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very weird PayPal/Ge problem !!

tag
fltn
Frequent Contributor

Re: Very weird PayPal/Ge problem !!

@glo911 wrote:

i don't claim to know a lot about this sort of thing, but I have heard that any money paid over $10,000.00 has to be reviewed by the goverment agencys( dea I think) since i don' tmake those kind of payments i don't know.

You are correct, but it has since been changed to any transaction of withdraw or deposit of $6000 or more on any bank acct. $5999 no issue. Used to be $9999 and $10,000. 

My bank told me that when I transfered 22K. I didn't believe them so I looked it up. I thought they were just BSing me because they are just slow with transactions.

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 21 of 25
fltn
Frequent Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
I just find it weird since payment was made 6/7 and as of today 6/14 no attempt was made to the bank to withdraw the funds.

I will tell you that every GE acct that I have, paypal, amazon, walmart, lowes. They all have always for years now taken 10 days minimun to deduct the payment from my bank no matter how small or large the payment. But the payment always post the day it was made and a balance update is made to the acct in 24 hours. Hope that helps.

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 22 of 25
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Are u serious that is crzy..
Message 23 of 25
Blodreina
Established Contributor

Any update on this?

Message 24 of 25
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Hello,

Yes it did.. They withdrew the funds 1.5 months later. I got a letter in the mail stating there was a glitch in their system that caused it, and that it won't happen again. Very weird ..
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.