Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victoria Secret CLI - Denial

tag
newmom24
Regular Contributor

Victoria Secret CLI - Denial

I've had my VS account for 10 months and recently requested a CLI online. The site returned a message "we need more information in order to process your request ... please call BLAH BLAH BLAH." I called and the CSR asked my annual salary, placed me on hold, and then returned with "at this time we cannot offer a CLI." He said I'd receive a letter with the specifics, but it was soley based on my credit report.

I'm confused, I thought after 9 months of perfect history (used it frequently and paid it off- never late) that I'd get an increase. Is this another change for Comenity? Can anyone provide more feedback? 

Starting Score: 474
Current Score: 583
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Victoria Secret CLI - Denial

I don't want to sound like I'm chastising you, but are you referring to perfect with this one card, or all current TLs? I'm guessing there's some damage holding you back on your CRs. Most frontline CSRs are kinda useless with CLI increases (and read scripts), unless it's already a high CL, or prime card. 

If you are a frequent user of the card, with a high usage/payment rate, they should be willing to give you a CLI, even with any "old" baddies. Have you tried their backdoor numbers to escalate it?

Message 2 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Get back up brush yourself off give it more time things will turn around ! Its a one day at a time process, keep up the good work sooner or later they will come around. Smiley Happy

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 14
newmom24
Regular Contributor

Hi Burned2manybridgesB4,

I welcome the feedback. I only have a $250 limit, so I bought items <$100 and PIF 4x's out of the last 10 months. I assumed this would increase my chances of getting a CLI (showing regular usage). I obtained the card via the shopping cart trick and thought I could continue to rebuild. I obtained multiple Comenity Bank cards via the trick and have tried to keep the record perfect to obtain my chances of an increase.

I did not try calling a backdoor number (did not know one existed for VS), but I will now. I'm curious about VS handlings because I planned to increase my CL within 9-10 months to prove I'm worthy of higher limits. I have had some "old" baddies within the last three years. But all accounts obtained in the last year are paid on time ... no derogratory marks on the credit.

Message 4 of 14
newmom24
Regular Contributor

Thanks coldnmn! I will keep rebuilding ... one day at a time. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@newmom24 wrote:

Hi Burned2manybridgesB4,

I welcome the feedback. I only have a $250 limit, so I bought items <$100 and PIF 4x's out of the last 10 months. I assumed this would increase my chances of getting a CLI (showing regular usage). I obtained the card via the shopping cart trick and thought I could continue to rebuild. I obtained multiple Comenity Bank cards via the trick and have tried to keep the record perfect to obtain my chances of an increase.

I did not try calling a backdoor number (did not know one existed for VS), but I will now. I'm curious about VS handlings because I planned to increase my CL within 9-10 months to prove I'm worthy of higher limits. I have had some "old" baddies within the last three years. But all accounts obtained in the last year are paid on time ... no derogratory marks on the credit.

Nothing wrong with the limit. Just means that there's more growing room.Smiley Wink

If your most recent derog is 3yrs old, that'll work in your favor, as compared to "within a year."

Utilization among all cards/loans plays a factor in how most OCs are willing to extend credit too.

I'd bet you get a CLI, but don't expect a major one for a while. Think exponentially with your current limit.

Message 6 of 14
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Not sure what the current VS policy is.  I, too, have used and PIF (sometimes before statement cuts, sometimes after)  Denied for CLI.  Asked for one on J. Crew, which is also Comenity and newer, and never used - received instant $300.  Sometimes it's just not worth the effort trying to figure out the crdit world. 

Just keep using the card.  The bonus/discount cards are worth a lot.Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP - did they SP or HP your CR for the CLI request?  It appears a couple folks have recently posted they were HP'd - not sure if that's a new review policy for Comenity VS accounts.

Message 8 of 14
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@newmom24 wrote:

Hi Burned2manybridgesB4,

Keep in mind that all of those cc's you opened from comenity count as an extension of credit from them to you. Perhaps they were not willing to raise the limit because they had recently given you credit for other cards as well. Most lenders are cautious about the total credit amount they are willing to offer a customer, especially a re-builder with past risky behavior patterns.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 9 of 14
k-s
Regular Contributor

I too have had the VS card for almost a year, used it often and always PIF. I had an initial credit line of $750 and requested a CLI a few weeks ago and was declined. I was so surprised. Witht the other cards that I have, being declined for a CLI from Comenity was a huge shock.

Does anyone know of a good backdoor number for them?

EQ MyFICO: 719 - Discover It TU FICO: 749 - EX 728
Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex Blue Sky: 2k | Amex BCE: 10k | Amex TrueEarnings: 5k | Amex Delta Gold: 2k | Discover It: 4k | SFCU: 13k | Quicksilver: 4k | Venture: 10k | Freedom: 2k | CSP: 7.5k | Amazon Visa: 5k | Citi TYPremier: 6.3k | Best Buy: 4.5k | Macy's Amex: 6k | Nordstrom: 4k | Old Navy Visa: 4k | Target: $1.2k | Angel: 1k
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.