Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victoria's Secret Credit Limit?

tag
Safe4Me2
New Contributor

Victoria's Secret Credit Limit?

I had a Victoria's Secret account a few years ago. I fell behind on payments, but eventually paid the balance. I assumed the account was closed. Today I visited their site just to read about their "rewards" and noticed my login was saved. I viewed my account and saw a $280 CL! Hmm, I threw that card away. Oh well.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Safe4Me2
New Contributor

Re: Victoria's Secret Credit Limit?

By the way, the reason I assumed it was closed is because while I was making payments, my CL was reduced from $400 to $0. Not too long ago I ordered some stuff from their catalog. Did that purchase influence them to reactivate my account?
Message 2 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Victoria's Secret and J.Crew are both WFNNB. I messed up a J.Crew card something fierce a number of years ago. I paid it all off, but I stopped using the card. I assumed it was closed, but it wasn't. Started using it again, and they've given a CLI to $1K without a fuss. They recently removed all my lates, which were well over two years old, before I could even get the question out of my mouth. And from what I've read, they're even nicer with the VS card.

I'd call and say that your card doesn't work right (it doesn't, right?) and could they issue a replacement. Don't say that you lost it, or you might get a duplicate account going. At any rate, despite all the awful things I've said about WFNNB over the last two years, I've found them great to work with.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 17
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

I messed up with them as well with Express in college. Charged off

To my surprise, they pre-approved me for a VS card last week and i bit the bait and they gave it to me.

They must be feeling nice, because i have more than enough inquiries. Still cant get an Old Navy card though

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 4 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Old Navy/ Gap/ Banana Republic is GEMB.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 17
Safe4Me2
New Contributor

@ Haulingthescoreup

They seem pretty quick with the generosity. I placed an order and the CSR told me my CL is 320. That's $40 dollars for using the account, LOL.

Message 6 of 17
morganirish
Regular Contributor

I have a newport news card with them, and I messed up too. I paid it off and then closed it back in 2005.  About three weeks ago I wrote them a GW letter asking them to remove the lates, no response to that, but last week they sent me a new card with the original account number and original credit line.  I am hoping they will remove the lates, they are almost five years old so maybe they will. 
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry if this is off thread: If you report a card lost or stolen and a different card is issued you have a duplicate TL? Not sure I understand.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 17
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry if this is off thread: If you report a card lost or stolen and a different card is issued you have a duplicate TL? Not sure I understand.

Thanks.

No, the lender is supposed to report the new account number to the old account number so you keep the same history.

However, HSBC likes to report the lost/stolen card on your credit reports and reports the new account number as another TL but I've heard that it either falls off at 6 months or you can dispute it off.

Message 9 of 17
Safe4Me2
New Contributor

Hey, got a $200 CLI on my account!  Not bad.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.