Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victoria's Secret Credit Limit?

tag
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

Re: Victoria's Secret Credit Limit?

@morganirish wrote:
I have a newport news card with them, and I messed up too. I paid it off and then closed it back in 2005.  About three weeks ago I wrote them a GW letter asking them to remove the lates, no response to that, but last week they sent me a new card with the original account number and original credit line.  I am hoping they will remove the lates, they are almost five years old so maybe they will. 

In my experience with WFFNB, they can't/won't remove the lates, because they don't keep records that far back.

You could dispute them with each CRA and WFFNB won't respond. 

Of course, you shouldn't be sending out disputes for accurate info, y'know?  Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 17
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

@ma_fico wrote:

@morganirish wrote:
I have a newport news card with them, and I messed up too. I paid it off and then closed it back in 2005.  About three weeks ago I wrote them a GW letter asking them to remove the lates, no response to that, but last week they sent me a new card with the original account number and original credit line.  I am hoping they will remove the lates, they are almost five years old so maybe they will. 

In my experience with WFFNB, they can't/won't remove the lates, because they don't keep records that far back.

Of course, you shouldn't be sending out disputes for accurate info, y'know?  Smiley Happy

To clarify:  I was referring to disputing the lates, NOT the tradelines!   You don't want to lose your TL.

Message 12 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@ma_fico wrote:

@ma_fico wrote:

@morganirish wrote:

To clarify:  I was referring to disputing the lates, NOT the tradelines!   You don't want to lose your TL.

Worked for me!!!!  mine was pretty bad too...GONE! 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 17
morganirish
Regular Contributor

No, it worked.  They removed my lates.  I never disputed with them.  I acknowledged that I was late.  I just told them that "back then I thought if I had credit I have money. And now I know better. And will never be late again.  LOL. 
Message 14 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@morganirish wrote:
No, it worked.  They removed my lates.  I never disputed with them.  I acknowledged that I was late.  I just told them that "back then I thought if I had credit I have money. And now I know better. And will never be late again.  LOL. 

That's cool!  With me...the acct had long been closed & paid off.  I just still had the acct showing with lates up to 150 days!!!  Smiley Sad

I mean...I paid them $580 on a $250 card limit!  Yeah, I screwed up, but they got their 2 pints of blood out of me.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

A gentle reminder to all: it's against the Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines, Terms of Service, and User Guidelines to advocate disputing lates that really did occur.

I had 5 (!) 30-day lates on J.Crew, from back in my stuck-on-stupid days.I finally screwed up my courage and called WFNNB in early August to ask for GW. Before I could finish my sentence, the CSR said that they were over 2 years old, and they didn't show on her screen, and that I could dispute with the CRA's and WFNNB wouldn't challenge it. This kind of stuck in my craw a bit, even though the lender was the one offering to do so, so I asked her to mail me the "never-late" letter and also asked if they could just update on their end. I dilly-dallied around, never doing the dispute, and one day, presto! --the lates were gone on all three reports, without me having to do anything.

This got me out of the serious derog score bucket, and boy, was I a happy camper.

I found WFNNB surprisingly easy to work with!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 17
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Hi, does anyone know if victoria secret blacklist for life. I had a chargeoff on a victoria secret.card in 2005 so its still on credit report. It was never paid. at one point i did try to get a settlement from victoria secret but they sold it to a ca and wouldnt pull it back and when i called the ca they wanted the whole amount which i couldnt offer.I was just wondering if they blacklist. they are back by wffnb     
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.