Reply
Regular Contributor
ma_fico
Posts: 137
Registered: ‎05-14-2007
0

Re: Victoria's Secret Credit Limit?


morganirish wrote:
I have a newport news card with them, and I messed up too. I paid it off and then closed it back in 2005.  About three weeks ago I wrote them a GW letter asking them to remove the lates, no response to that, but last week they sent me a new card with the original account number and original credit line.  I am hoping they will remove the lates, they are almost five years old so maybe they will. 

In my experience with WFFNB, they can't/won't remove the lates, because they don't keep records that far back.

 

You could dispute them with each CRA and WFFNB won't respond. 

Of course, you shouldn't be sending out disputes for accurate info, y'know?  :smileyhappy:

 

Regular Contributor
ma_fico
Posts: 137
Registered: ‎05-14-2007
0

Re: Victoria's Secret Credit Limit?


ma_fico wrote:

morganirish wrote:
I have a newport news card with them, and I messed up too. I paid it off and then closed it back in 2005.  About three weeks ago I wrote them a GW letter asking them to remove the lates, no response to that, but last week they sent me a new card with the original account number and original credit line.  I am hoping they will remove the lates, they are almost five years old so maybe they will. 

In my experience with WFFNB, they can't/won't remove the lates, because they don't keep records that far back.

 

You could dispute them with each CRA and WFFNB won't respond. 

Of course, you shouldn't be sending out disputes for accurate info, y'know?  :smileyhappy:

 


To clarify:  I was referring to disputing the lates, NOT the tradelines!   You don't want to lose your TL.

Senior Contributor
BungalowMo
Posts: 4,243
Registered: ‎05-01-2008
0

Re: Victoria's Secret Credit Limit?


ma_fico wrote:

ma_fico wrote:

morganirish wrote:
I have a newport news card with them, and I messed up too. I paid it off and then closed it back in 2005.  About three weeks ago I wrote them a GW letter asking them to remove the lates, no response to that, but last week they sent me a new card with the original account number and original credit line.  I am hoping they will remove the lates, they are almost five years old so maybe they will. 

In my experience with WFFNB, they can't/won't remove the lates, because they don't keep records that far back.

 

You could dispute them with each CRA and WFFNB won't respond. 

Of course, you shouldn't be sending out disputes for accurate info, y'know?  :smileyhappy:

 


To clarify:  I was referring to disputing the lates, NOT the tradelines!   You don't want to lose your TL.


Worked for me!!!!  mine was pretty bad too...GONE! 



Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

Regular Contributor
morganirish
Posts: 188
Registered: ‎10-15-2008
0

Re: Victoria's Secret Credit Limit?

No, it worked.  They removed my lates.  I never disputed with them.  I acknowledged that I was late.  I just told them that "back then I thought if I had credit I have money. And now I know better. And will never be late again.  LOL. 
Senior Contributor
BungalowMo
Posts: 4,243
Registered: ‎05-01-2008
0

Re: Victoria's Secret Credit Limit?


morganirish wrote:
No, it worked.  They removed my lates.  I never disputed with them.  I acknowledged that I was late.  I just told them that "back then I thought if I had credit I have money. And now I know better. And will never be late again.  LOL. 

That's cool!  With me...the acct had long been closed & paid off.  I just still had the acct showing with lates up to 150 days!!!  :smileysad:

 

I mean...I paid them $580 on a $250 card limit!  Yeah, I screwed up, but they got their 2 pints of blood out of me.



Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Victoria's Secret Credit Limit?

A gentle reminder to all: it's against the Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines, Terms of Service, and User Guidelines to advocate disputing lates that really did occur.

I had 5 (!) 30-day lates on J.Crew, from back in my stuck-on-stupid days.I finally screwed up my courage and called WFNNB in early August to ask for GW. Before I could finish my sentence, the CSR said that they were over 2 years old, and they didn't show on her screen, and that I could dispute with the CRA's and WFNNB wouldn't challenge it. This kind of stuck in my craw a bit, even though the lender was the one offering to do so, so I asked her to mail me the "never-late" letter and also asked if they could just update on their end. I dilly-dallied around, never doing the dispute, and one day, presto! --the lates were gone on all three reports, without me having to do anything.

This got me out of the serious derog score bucket, and boy, was I a happy camper.

I found WFNNB surprisingly easy to work with!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Frequent Contributor
elaine829
Posts: 275
Registered: ‎10-09-2007
0

Re: Victoria's Secret Credit Limit?

Hi, does anyone know if victoria secret blacklist for life. I had a chargeoff on a victoria secret.card in 2005 so its still on credit report. It was never paid. at one point i did try to get a settlement from victoria secret but they sold it to a ca and wouldnt pull it back and when i called the ca they wanted the whole amount which i couldnt offer.I was just wondering if they blacklist. they are back by wffnb     

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}