Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victoria's Secret Payment Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Victoria's Secret Payment Question

My parents bought me a Victoria's Secret giftcard for Christmas. Both my sister and I love to shop there so I used my CC to buy her a giftcard for Christmas (since they are offering double points on gift cards till 12/26) plus I bought myself some goodies Smiley Happy does anyone know if I could use the giftcard my parents bought me for Christmas to pay my bill in store since I already bought myself some stuff?

Thanks in advance everyone and Happy Holidays.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: Victoria's Secret Payment Question

When I tried to pay in store, I was told cash or check only. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thank you! I wasn't sure. I know some people on here talk about buyng a giftcard and then using that giftcard to pay off the card  keep store cards open and active which made me think since I would rather just put it towards my bill since I already spoiled myself Smiley Happy thanks so much! 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay thank you! I wasn't sure. I know some people on here talk about buyng a giftcard and then using that giftcard to pay off the card  keep store cards open and active which made me think since I would rather just put it towards my bill since I already spoiled myself Smiley Happy thanks so much! 

VISA/MC gift card converted to cash and deposited into bank.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thanks. No this will be a actual stire gift card from Victoria's Secret. Oh well another excuse to buy myself some more bras and panties lol Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay thanks. No this will be a actual stire gift card from Victoria's Secret. Oh well another excuse to buy myself some more bras and panties lol Smiley Happy

Gotcha. Yeah, it seems it'd be easy enough to do this, but I think it's to....deter employee theft.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My parents bought me a Victoria's Secret giftcard for Christmas. Both my sister and I love to shop there so I used my CC to buy her a giftcard for Christmas (since they are offering double points on gift cards till 12/26) plus I bought myself some goodies Smiley Happy does anyone know if I could use the giftcard my parents bought me for Christmas to pay my bill in store since I already bought myself some stuff?

Thanks in advance everyone and Happy Holidays.

No, you can't use a their gift card to pay your VS bill.

Message 7 of 8
Goodscore81
Regular Contributor

If you really want to use your gift card, you could take your receipt back to the store and let them refund your card.  Then charge everything to your gift card.  

2700........ 1000........ 500...... 2590...... 2300.....20,110...... 2250...... 2100.......1700..... 1850..... 5000..... 5000..... 2188.....6000....3000
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.