Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victoria's secret AU?

tag
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

Victoria's secret AU?

Can you add an AU to a VS card? I did that shopping cart trick the other day, and surprise, my HUSBAND gets preapproved for $250, not me! So little does he know, I apped for it and got it! HA. He will thank me come my bday, xmas, and valentines Smiley Happy Anyway, I was wondering if I can/should add myself as an AU to help build my credit, as I don't have any store cards.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
hausfrau
New Contributor

Re: Victoria's secret AU?

You can add one. I did about two days ago.

Starting my rebuild!

Message 2 of 5
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

VS cards come with about a 20%+ apr. I apologize for judging, but such a small limit ($250) does it even make sense to use the card vs just using cash? applying for a card without his knowing is also quite a red flag. be careful there.

Just some friendly advice.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 3 of 5
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

Thankfully, he is my husband, and I happen to know him pretty well. It won't be an argument I need to be concerned about. And he doesn't have a lot of credit, so this will help his mix of credit. What is the point of anyone getting any card with a high Apr, such as cap one? To build credit.
Message 4 of 5
hausfrau
New Contributor

Turnpike, I got one to rebuild with, too. The APR was lower than with a secured card, and I plan on using it and paying it before apr is an issue. Plus, you get VS rewards points using the card. I don't 'need' the money that the CC provides, just using it to have a revolving account. Using the shopping card trick keeps it from being a HP, as well.

I app for my hubs, too. I'm the one in charge of our credit rebuild.

Starting my rebuild!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.