cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin America Comenity Shopping Cart Trick??

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Virgin America Comenity Shopping Cart Trick??

@jaebsf wrote:

Thanks, but looking for answers. Not guesses. Too much of that on here. But appreciated.

Just FYI - Virgin America is NOT a Shopping Cart Trick.  You don't "load" or "add" anything in a "cart".  It's a pre-approval offer or "pop-up" that displays when you log into or create your account.  Which would apply the same way for the Total Rewards and the Fuel Rewards Network programs for instance.

Message 21 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The phrase "I ain't tryin' to hear that" comes to mind when I was reading the first reply from the OP.

Yeah, I think that's it exactly. As soon as OP heard it was a soft pull in January he/she was happy. Didn't even notice the HP mention.

Message 22 of 40
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I could never get this one to pop up (along with 99% of their other cards) which has probably been a blessing.

If you live by always expecting a hard pull when applying for anything credit related, consider yourself lucky when they don't hard pull you. Often times the impact of a new account is more detrimental than one hard pull.
Message 23 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think OP is new to the board somewhat although registered for a long time - Not making excuses for him/her but lets not hammer him/her... I think he/she has learn from hthe question asked.

Hopefully, OP will realize attitude is everything..

Message 24 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
I could never get this one to pop up (along with 99% of their other cards) which has probably been a blessing.

If you live by always expecting a hard pull when applying for anything credit related, consider yourself lucky when they don't hard pull you. Often times the impact of a new account is more detrimental than one hard pull.

Expect the best, plan for the worst, and prepare to be surprised.

Message 25 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can assure you 100%, positively, without a doubt, it will be a pull.

Message 26 of 40
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I got approved for this card 9 days ago...I think I'm the most recent approval. It was a hard pull on EQ. Was also approved for Total Rewards and Orbitz.....also hard pulls. So I would think that comenity has finally changed all visa/mastercard approvals to HP's. I was just approved yesterday for the SNL Mastercard only EX pull that I have seen Comenity do......

Message 27 of 40
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@jaebsf wrote:

Thanks, but looking for answers. Not guesses. Too much of that on here. But appreciated.

Just FYI - Virgin America is NOT a Shopping Cart Trick.  You don't "load" or "add" anything in a "cart".  It's a pre-approval offer or "pop-up" that displays when you log into or create your account.  Which would apply the same way for the Total Rewards and the Fuel Rewards Network programs for instance.

Hello FinStar,

I beg to differ.  I got the "pop-up" after setting up a round trip flight -- so technically, I was "adding" things in a "cart"Smiley Tongue  Otherwise, I have never received the "pop-up" while signed into my Elevate account.  YMMVSmiley Very Happy     Now, the Total Rewards Visa did happen that way -- with a "pop-up" upon signing  into my account.  Lastly, the Fuel Rewards MC never gave me a "pop-up"   Comenity sent me a pre-approval via the USPS.

Let this whole thread be an example of   YMMV    aka  Your mileage may vary,  soft vs hard pulls included~~!!

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 28 of 40
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@fedxboy wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@jaebsf wrote:

Hello FinStar,

I beg to differ.  I got the "pop-up" after setting up a round trip flight -- so technically, I was "adding" things in a "cart"Smiley Tongue  Otherwise, I have never received the "pop-up" while signed into my Elevate account.  YMMVSmiley Very Happy     Now, the Total Rewards Visa did happen that way -- with a "pop-up" upon signing  into my account.  Lastly, the Fuel Rewards MC never gave me a "pop-up"   Comenity sent me a pre-approval via the USPS.

Let this whole thread be an example of   YMMV    aka  Your mileage may vary,  soft vs hard pulls included~~!!

You mean, you "added/booked" a flight to your reservation (which may have included seat assignment), but there was really no "cart" (unlike buying panties at VS or sports gear at Sportsmans Guide Smiley Tongue)

Message 29 of 40
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@fedxboy wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@jaebsf wrote:

Hello FinStar,

You mean, you "added/booked" a flight to your reservation (which may have included seat assignment), but there was really no "cart" (unlike buying panties at VS or sports gear at Sportsmans Guide Smiley Tongue)

YES AND YES and the final result was

ComenityVirgin.jpg

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.