Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin America - Commenity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Virgin America - Commenity

Well I called to activate the card-- I get a message to call customer service. 

They won't give any information... Letter was sent out to you-- please call the number once you receive it. I know I had read a lot about Commenity closing accounts... Can I assume that's what happened? They closed the account?... I would probably check my Eddie Bauer, Overstock, and Jcrew to see if those are open--- I actually wouldn't mind if they close them but one thing for sure-- I will never get a another card w/ Commenity again. 

How terrible is this. Wow 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Virgin America - Commenity

Did you check your other accounts to see if they are still open?  A little more information would be useful.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I called to activate the card-- I get a message to call customer service. 

They won't give any information... Letter was sent out to you-- please call the number once you receive it. I know I had read a lot about Commenity closing accounts... Can I assume that's what happened? They closed the account?... I would probably check my Eddie Bauer, Overstock, and Jcrew to see if those are open--- I actually wouldn't mind if they close them but one thing for sure-- I will never get a another card w/ Commenity again. 

How terrible is this. Wow 

That is suspect.  Nor them not to activate your card isn't a good thing.  I would check the other Comenity accounts to see if they are closed.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Online account says zero available 

other Comenity accounts are fine. Checked all three-- they seem to be ok. 

That is soooo strange. 

Message 4 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

Weird for sure. But not weird since its comenity.
Message 5 of 9
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Did you recently open a few accounts? I believe that Comenity has been shutting down accounts when they feel that you may have applied for too many accounts. I guess they are trying to go conservative with who gets what once they feel they no longer are going to be used. 

Heck I just think that's what is it but who knows what Comenity is thinking.

Message 6 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

It could also be verification. Comenity won't help until you have the letter in hand it's frustrating.
Message 7 of 9
someg33k
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That is soooo strange. 

Zero available is perfectly normal until they have verified you have the card in hand. Thats how all their VISA / MC products work.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@someg33k wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is soooo strange. 

Zero available is perfectly normal until they have verified you have the card in hand. Thats how all their VISA / MC products work.

+ 1, the same thing happened with my last CC with them. Once I verified, the available credit was released. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.