Did you mean: 

Virgin America Credit Card

tag
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Re: Virgin America Credit Card

@Creditaddict wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

why don't you... you have some other good cards... you have a bk?

Sorry, not sure what "bk" is...been meaning to look that one up in the abbreviations post!  

I have some old baddies that are still hanging on (collections that have since been paid, goodwills haven't worked, waiting for them to fall off)

I feel like my scores are too low.   My Citi card...I dunno, I think that approval was a freak accident!  And the Cap1 QS1 was a recent product change upgrade.

bk = Bankruptcy

Ah!  Thank you.  And no, no bankruptcy.

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 11 of 19
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@mattayy wrote:

I have always wanted this card because I fly Virgin all the time however my credit was never decent enough to get approved when it was barclay. Now that it is commenity I was wondering if I had more of a shot at getting approved? I saw they were giving out $300 limits and tbh I would be happy with that if it got me in the door. 

Anyone get approved for this card? Also what are the average scores to get approved? 

I don't fly Virgin, but it is a great looking card...lol. Good luck.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 12 of 19
tommywerdine
Regular Contributor

I applied for this. Fico score of 650 on EQ, which is what they pulled. No baddies. 7 inq's... 1 recent. Denied for inquires.

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards $10k | TobyHanna FCU $10k | Black Card $5k | NFCU goRewards $2.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred $2k | DCU Plat Rewards $2k | Huntington Voice $1250 | AmEx Delta $1k | Cap1 QS $300 | Cap1 Secured $500 | J Crew $4.9k | Walmart $2.5k | Kay $1k | Jareds $1k | HomeDepot $1k | FingerHut $900 | Macys $800 | Phillips66 $750 | Buckle $300 | Express $250 In The Garden Since: August 4, 2014. TU FICO: 711 (via Walmart) | EQ FICO: 699 | EX FICO: 677 Goals:700+ on all three.
Message 13 of 19
mario6585
Established Member

I applied for this card about 2 weeks ago and got the 7 to 10 day message and a few days ago recieved a letter asking me to call in to verify some info and almost passed out when they told me approved for 5k and 15.99%apr......my ex fico is 686 eq fico 680..have 3 paid chargeoffs just past 1 year mark,,,i do have a good history with comenity though....currently have a lot of there store cards plus Total Rewards visa at 7.5k but i use it alot so i guess they like me.....have a chase freedom and BCE amex both stuck at 1k and cant get no love at all...so in my opinion this is a semi easy card to get if you have and use other comenity bank cards.

Message 14 of 19
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

Commenity hates me and won't give me any of their cards for some reason lol I've tried with jcrew and express last year. 

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 15 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mattayy wrote:

Commenity hates me and won't give me any of their cards for some reason lol I've tried with jcrew and express last year. 

pull your Experian and take the current address EXACTLY how it is reported and go to Express.com and create an account with the address exactly and then go put some items in the cart and start checking out.... I NEVER use to get offers until I realized that EX had my APT and not # as I was entering it. and boom!

Message 16 of 19
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

Okay I'll try! 

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 17 of 19
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

There are 4 address from the past 6 years lol shoudl I try all of them? (moved a lot when I was in college) 

Message 18 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mattayy wrote:

There are 4 address from the past 6 years lol shoudl I try all of them? (moved a lot when I was in college) 

should be current but I have read someone else ended up getting offer when using an old parents address or something that was listed on credit report.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.