Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin America Credit Card

tag
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

Virgin America Credit Card

I have always wanted this card because I fly Virgin all the time however my credit was never decent enough to get approved when it was barclay. Now that it is commenity I was wondering if I had more of a shot at getting approved? I saw they were giving out $300 limits and tbh I would be happy with that if it got me in the door. 

Anyone get approved for this card? Also what are the average scores to get approved? 

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Virgin America Credit Card

@mattayy wrote:

I have always wanted this card because I fly Virgin all the time however my credit was never decent enough to get approved when it was barclay. Now that it is commenity I was wondering if I had more of a shot at getting approved? I saw they were giving out $300 limits and tbh I would be happy with that if it got me in the door. 

Anyone get approved for this card? Also what are the average scores to get approved? 

I was declined with EQ 628 provided by them but mostly because of BK.

What baddies do you have?

your other credit lines don't really support this card I don't think just yet however your 650 EQ might... they seem to be running this card more strict criteria then the non visa brand cards they back so i dunno.

Message 2 of 19
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

I have a CO from cap 1 from 2008 and a hospital bill from 2009 for like $150.

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 3 of 19
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

I wanna apply for this so bad Smiley Sad

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 4 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mattayy wrote:

I have a CO from cap 1 from 2008 and a hospital bill from 2009 for like $150.

id pay the hospital bill since it's medical you can have it deleted once it's paid.

Message 5 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@toothgrind3r wrote:

I wanna apply for this so bad Smiley Sad

why don't you... you have some other good cards... you have a bk?

Message 6 of 19
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

I just got denied for this card also, close to 800 Fico score and only 8 points short from the Max on their internal score! Reason for decline was inq. They have no recon dept either.
Message 7 of 19
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Sorry, not sure what "bk" is...been meaning to look that one up in the abbreviations post!  

I have some old baddies that are still hanging on (collections that have since been paid, goodwills haven't worked, waiting for them to fall off)

I feel like my scores are too low.   My Citi card...I dunno, I think that approval was a freak accident!  And the Cap1 QS1 was a recent product change upgrade.

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 8 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Happychap wrote:
I just got denied for this card also, close to 800 Fico score and only 8 points short from the Max on their internal score! Reason for decline was inq. They have no recon dept either.

they make you send in written letter asking for recon and why... I did it just for kicks.

Message 9 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@toothgrind3r wrote:

Sorry, not sure what "bk" is...been meaning to look that one up in the abbreviations post!  

I have some old baddies that are still hanging on (collections that have since been paid, goodwills haven't worked, waiting for them to fall off)

I feel like my scores are too low.   My Citi card...I dunno, I think that approval was a freak accident!  And the Cap1 QS1 was a recent product change upgrade.

bk = Bankruptcy

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.