Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin America Visa No FTF

tag
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Virgin America Visa No FTF

Just received an email today from Virgin America Visa saying that there is no FTF anymore. I am glad I can use this card even when traveling, now only if they issue these cards with chips

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Virgin America Visa No FTF

Nice feature!  Virgin is fast becoming one of my favorite Airlines.  This card has some nice features for the price.

Message 2 of 9
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Agreed and because I exclusively travel by VX it helps with the points. Also was kinda lucky because of the 30K points I got when I signed up for the card.

Message 3 of 9
Open123
Super Contributor

@darwin_wins wrote:

Agreed and because I exclusively travel by VX it helps with the points. Also was kinda lucky because of the 30K points I got when I signed up for the card.

Wow!  Was that a special promo?  Or, did you have to do something to trigger it?  I'd sign up for that in a hearbeat!

Message 4 of 9
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

I think it was and I happen to come across it when someone posted saying that if you apply before end of May 2015 you get double the sign up points. I had received a post card from VX saying I should apply and without even looking at that info (double sign up points) I applied and was approved. So when I read about double points I started calling Comenity and finally after reaching the minimum spend they added those points to my account. I haven't seen that offer since then.

Message 5 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

I have the Virgin America Visa, not the premium one though. The one that does not offer FTF.

I havent received an email yet but that would be a nice perk if they added it to my card, i still pay an annual fee on it ya know! Smiley Happy 

Message 6 of 9
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

I have the Virgin America Visa, not the premium one though. The one that does not offer FTF.

I havent received an email yet but that would be a nice perk if they added it to my card, i still pay an annual fee on it ya know! Smiley Happy 

I had no idea that black card did not have FTF waived. May be they will roll it out soon?

Good thing I didn't apply for that card (even though I was going to based on how it looks). With premium card I have already used fee free cancellation twice and I think that itself has been the most important thing for me.

Hopefully they add No FTF for your card too ddemari

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@darwin_wins wrote:

Just received an email today from Virgin America Visa saying that there is no FTF anymore. I am glad I can use this card even when traveling, now only if they issue these cards with chips

I may be wrong but I think they charge 3 per cent FTF on Signature Visa. I checked it around 2 weeks back.

Message 8 of 9
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@darwin_wins wrote:

I may be wrong but I think they charge 3 per cent FTF on Signature Visa. I checked it around 2 weeks back.

They used to charge FTF but they have changed it starting today. Here is the screenshot of what I got

ScreenShot064.png

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.