@dodgerslv wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Sucked it up and called.  As usual, the analyst was very friendly.  They asked if I just want the rewards program or more credit?  I said both, but offered to close 1 Alaska card if it would help.  He asked how much I was looking for, I just threw out $10k and approved it all on the spot, not even placed on hold once.  Should have asked for more lol.

Anyways, BoA really does have a nice analyst group.  

Nice have you decided how to use your new points ?

I might see about transferring to Delta, I need to book a trip to Japan in May 2015.  Will you apply?

Congrats on the recon B! Well i applied and was instantly approved but only for 2k...i kinda figured since i have over 50k in credit with them already. Can i call tomorrow and ask for them to close my 30k regular CR and transfer it to the VA or maybe just partial credit...i would still have my Privilege cash rewards with a 26k limit.

I read on another forum quite a few people getting approved for low limit.  I would call the analyst tomorrow and ask if they can consider a higher limit, it will be the same hard pull if it's within 30 days.  Really, if they want you to spend $12k, granting a $2k limit is absurd.  If they give you a hard time ask them to find you a $2k ticket on Virgin Atlantic.

good points there B....i really dont mind closing or re-allocating limits just dont want a 2nd HP...I was hoping it would be a temporary limit since i applied on the VA website but im sure that is my actual limit. I dont even know if i would still get the WEMC version and actual bonus.

The analyst was good about reallocating another limit and giving me another $5k.  He wanted to move a limit from another card but I asked him to close the Alaska card instead.  I read lhcole got a few CLI using the same hard pull, but I would still ask the analyst to confirm - it's worth a shot.  If not, I'm sure they can adjust your other limits.

cool, thanks B and will call them tomorrow.

Did you end up calling?  

yeah i did B, so analyst said the computer gave me 2k cuz i had reached my threshold with Bofa (58k total credit) for my income. She said due to my excellent history and credit she went ahead and raised it to 5k and asked if i wanted more i would have to move limit from one of my other cards. I said go ahead and move 10k from my regular cash rewards and the remaining 20k to my Privilege Rewards. So my VA card has a 15k limit and Privilege a 46k limit. Im happy even though it costed me 2 HPs (1 EX, 1 TU). Now to meet the spending requirement for the points!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 61 of 71
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Virgin Atlantic 90k Offer

@dodgerslv wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Sucked it up and called.  As usual, the analyst was very friendly.  They asked if I just want the rewards program or more credit?  I said both, but offered to close 1 Alaska card if it would help.  He asked how much I was looking for, I just threw out $10k and approved it all on the spot, not even placed on hold once.  Should have asked for more lol.

I might see about transferring to Delta, I need to book a trip to Japan in May 2015.  Will you apply?

Congrats on the recon B! Well i applied and was instantly approved but only for 2k...i kinda figured since i have over 50k in credit with them already. Can i call tomorrow and ask for them to close my 30k regular CR and transfer it to the VA or maybe just partial credit...i would still have my Privilege cash rewards with a 26k limit.

I read on another forum quite a few people getting approved for low limit.  I would call the analyst tomorrow and ask if they can consider a higher limit, it will be the same hard pull if it's within 30 days.  Really, if they want you to spend $12k, granting a $2k limit is absurd.  If they give you a hard time ask them to find you a $2k ticket on Virgin Atlantic.

good points there B....i really dont mind closing or re-allocating limits just dont want a 2nd HP...I was hoping it would be a temporary limit since i applied on the VA website but im sure that is my actual limit. I dont even know if i would still get the WEMC version and actual bonus.

The analyst was good about reallocating another limit and giving me another $5k.  He wanted to move a limit from another card but I asked him to close the Alaska card instead.  I read lhcole got a few CLI using the same hard pull, but I would still ask the analyst to confirm - it's worth a shot.  If not, I'm sure they can adjust your other limits.

Did you end up calling?  

yeah i did B, so analyst said the computer gave me 2k cuz i had reached my threshold with Bofa (58k total credit) for my income. She said due to my excellent history and credit she went ahead and raised it to 5k and asked if i wanted more i would have to move limit from one of my other cards. I said go ahead and move 10k from my regular cash rewards and the remaining 20k to my Privilege Rewards. So my VA card has a 15k limit and Privilege a 46k limit. Im happy even though it costed me 2 HPs (1 EX, 1 TU). Now to meet the spending requirement for the points!

That is awesome.  BoA is generally good at throwing another $3-5k onto limits.  I'm glad you called!

Message 62 of 71
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Did you end up calling?  

That is awesome.  BoA is generally good at throwing another $3-5k onto limits.  I'm glad you called!

I am still trying to find an good boa card, i was going to use it for fidelity amex, but i want to see how this new citi double cash plays out . what is everybodys favorite boa card alaska or virgin atlantic ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 63 of 71
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

I am still trying to find an good boa card, i was going to use it for fidelity amex, but i want to see how this new citi double cash plays out . what is everybodys favorite boa card alaska or virgin atlantic ?

BoA doesn't really have groundbreaking products.  I guess BBR is nice for rewarding on time payments.  The airline cards are nice for churnability, but the bonuses are never anything crazy.  Even Alaska only bumps it to 50k like once per year.  The VA card is probably one of the better airline bonuses I've seen out of BoA in awhile.  I find their products mediocre for the most part, but thats just my $0.02

Message 64 of 71
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

BoA doesn't really have groundbreaking products.  I guess BBR is nice for rewarding on time payments.  The airline cards are nice for churnability, but the bonuses are never anything crazy.  Even Alaska only bumps it to 50k like once per year.  The VA card is probably one of the better airline bonuses I've seen out of BoA in awhile.  I find their products mediocre for the most part, but thats just my $0.02

Trying to broaden my cc portfolio , fidelity amex looked like best option, but don't know if its worth getting two 2% cards that are so similar. 50k alaska is probably what i will wait for they have some really nice partners. Namely emirates and cathay i believe. I guess again no new offers here for me :-)

Message 65 of 71
PowerMan572
Contributor

I was approved yesterday! I froze my Experian and of course when I applied I was denied. I called the Spanish recon line since I couldn't find the normal phone #. I asked them to pull Equifax, I answered a few questions and I was approved!

The 75,000 miles is pretty good deal considering I can book Delta and Hawaiian Airlines! 

Message 66 of 71
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@PowerMan572 wrote:

I was approved yesterday! I froze my Experian and of course when I applied I was denied. I called the Spanish recon line since I couldn't find the normal phone #. I asked them to pull Equifax, I answered a few questions and I was approved!

The 75,000 miles is pretty good deal considering I can book Delta and Hawaiian Airlines! 

its not an bad deal for that card, but its not spectacular since you need to do an crap ton of spend just to get an extra 70k ? You could get almost 200k worth of miles if you applied for cards like amex delta, chase ual, citi aa, and barclay us air/arrival+

Message 67 of 71
iCoop
Regular Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@PowerMan572 wrote:

its not an bad deal for that card, but its not spectacular since you need to do an crap ton of spend just to get an extra 70k ? You could get almost 200k worth of miles if you applied for cards like amex delta, chase ual, citi aa, and barclay us air/arrival+

It's honestly a pretty solid deal to get this amount of points if you were already planning on spending the money. Yes there are other cards that will get you major point bonuses, but this card is just as good with the 6/12 month time frame they are allowing. I did the spend requirements for the CSP (40K points), Delta Gold (50K points), IHG Rewards (80K points), and will now do this one (88K points) to have a solid portfolio of travel related points at my disposal.

Being able to use these points with Delta and Hawaiian is a great value!

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 68 of 71
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@iCoop wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@PowerMan572 wrote:

It's honestly a pretty solid deal to get this amount of points if you were already planning on spending the money. Yes there are other cards that will get you major point bonuses, but this card is just as good with the 6/12 month time frame they are allowing. I did the spend requirements for the CSP (40K points), Delta Gold (50K points), IHG Rewards (80K points), and will now do this one (88K points) to have a solid portfolio of travel related points at my disposal.

Being able to use these points with Delta and Hawaiian is a great value!

virgin atlantic points are underappreciated imo. I personally would use them probably for Virgin america JFK to west coast i think its 2.5 CPP value which isn't bad in my book. I also contemplated using SQ to maui i think its only 35k RT. 

Message 69 of 71
PowerMan572
Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@PowerMan572 wrote:

Yes, but you have to apply for multiple cards in order to get that amount of miles. This is only 1 card, 1 inquiry. $12k I should be able to meet within 72 hours of getting the card :-) 

Message 70 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.