Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Black Card/Luxury Card - re-apply via phone

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Visa Black Card/Luxury Card - re-apply via phone

Back in late March/early April, for whatever reason I applied for the Visa Black card but was denied.

When I called the Barclays backdoor number for a CLI on my rewards card, the gentleman wanted to do a hard pull since I haven't had a new report run from them since that application.

I was debating and telling him not to do a hard pull since its not worth it for a CLI in my opinion, and he asked me if my credit profile had changed much since then. I said yeah of course, its constantly improving, and he said "Well, if we do a hard pull, not only can I probably get you a CLI, but I can also review your application for the Visa Black card and still get you approved, pending your credit report."

I mentioned that applications were closed and theres the new card coming out and he said as long as you have a previous application in the system it can be reviewed with a hard pull.

4 months after my original application, I don't want the card since I have an Amex platinum, but some may find that interesting....

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Visa Black Card/Luxury Card - re-apply via phone

Great info ... thanks for the Barclay Bank update.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.