Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Black Card vs. AMEX BCE PREF.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Visa Black Card vs. AMEX BCE PREF.

I was wondering if anyone has a Visa Black Card and how the rewards points works. I know the annual fee is $495 but if that were the only card I used to pay bills (then of course pay them off every month in full) would I make enough to re pay the annual fee as well as enjoy some of the other perks?? Or would an AMEX BCE PREF be a better option because of the generous cash back. Thanks!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Visa Black Card vs. AMEX BCE PREF.

@Anonymous wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has a Visa Black Card and how the rewards points works. I know the annual fee is $495 but if that were the only card I used to pay bills (then of course pay them off every month in full) would I make enough to re pay the annual fee as well as enjoy some of the other perks?? Or would an AMEX BCE PREF be a better option because of the generous cash back. Thanks!

BCE/BCP by far.

Message 2 of 21
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't have the visa black card, but I can tell you I would go with BCE pref. I don't think much of the black card to be honest. Its a lot of hype and is more of a sucker bet in my mind. If you wanted all the perks I feel there are other high AF cards that will give you similiar if not better benefits. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was kinda leaning that way but didnt know much about what the Visa BLACK had to offer (probably because i dont know a single person who has one). I see you have the AMEX BCE..can I ask what was your initial credit limit? And do the rewards add up if the card is used frequently?

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

BCE/BCP by far.

+1

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't have the visa black card, but I can tell you I would go with BCE pref. I don't think much of the black card to be honest. Its a lot of hype and is more of a sucker bet in my mind. If you wanted all the perks I feel there are other high AF cards that will give you similiar if not better benefits. 

Like a Ritz-Carlton? Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 21
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Amex Platinum, Ritz, DC Elite and Citi Prestige are pretty good alternatives to the Visa Black Card. Inquire into those.
Message 7 of 21
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:
Amex Platinum, Ritz, DC Elite and Citi Prestige are pretty good alternatives to the Visa Black Card. Inquire into those.

I like dc elite and Prestige for bonus spending categories if i had an choice, :-) With that being said i would have to see an really really heft signup bonus for me to even think about it. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You all for the input. Im hoping for a good inital credit limit to somewhat offset the HI..best initial credit limit I got was 8.5 k three years ago. Since then my AVG. household income has gone up 100% or more and Ive bought a house and maintained good credit. I dred getting the AMEX and getting stuck with a 4k credit limit. Seems like that happens alot to ppl.

Message 9 of 21
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank You all for the input. Im hoping for a good inital credit limit to somewhat offset the HI..best initial credit limit I got was 8.5 k three years ago. Since then my AVG. household income has gone up 100% or more and Ive bought a house and maintained good credit. I dred getting the AMEX and getting stuck with a 4k credit limit. Seems like that happens alot to ppl.

My opinion with amex is AAOA matters an lot to them with initial CL, i did get an fair CL when i got my edp in october which i just did 61 day cli with so i can't complain too much. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.