Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Visa Black Card - who's got one?!?

I don't have a boat.....get seasick to easily
Message 61 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks wise this card is awesome. If it had Amex Platinum benefits and maybe double points on everything I would get it in a heartbeat.The AF just isnt there for anthing except looks and looks are worth maybe $100 with some benefits, not $500

Message 62 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could take the image of this card and make it my Cap1 custom image!

Free!

Message 63 of 117
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

One of my good friends has the Visa Black.  It is metal, pretty good feel to it.  He has had it for 3 or 4 years, it wasn't orignially metal

I'm not sure why, but he uses it all the time, I guess its because most people have no clue what it is and sounds cool when thrown down.

He also has CSP, and amex plat.  He makes about 2M a year, so I dont' think the AF bothers him.  Not sure how much he leans on concierage as he has staff already working for him.

While he is high net worth, he is older and doesn't use technology at all, still banking by checks and paper statements, so I doubt he will be reading here anytime soon haha..

Message 64 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

The VISA Black is inferior comparing to Amex plat in almost every way...no one in his right mind will get that card.

Message 65 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The VISA Black is inferior comparing to Amex plat in almost every way...no one in his right mind will get that card.

Pretty much the concensus of this thread.

Message 66 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just got approved with a 5000k limit i am going to call the and see if they will raise it to 10000k if not then i will either pc or cancel I am very disappointed in the 5000k limit I apped thinking I would get a higher limit I already have marriot rewards with 7000k limit and a csp with a 5000k limit and my ficos are over 750 across the board
Message 67 of 117
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Blue is the new Black.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 68 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Black Card is better on rewards and trip delay coverage.  Amex only covers insolvency of the airline.  The Black Card covers mechanical failure and weather; while airline bankruptcies are common, weather and mechanical failure are more common.  Actual coverage for trip delays.  Who knew?  Black Card is 2x the rewards on airlines.  I carry both.

Message 69 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

That, and the Black Card impressed folks in my small city in Louisiana when I use it.  Just sayin'.

Message 70 of 117
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.