Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Black Card

tag
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Visa Black Card

Does anyone have one of these, or know anyone who has gotten one? Seems to be issued through Barclay.

https://www.blackcard.com/

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: Visa Black Card

Oh, and may I add. The girl in the commercial is, well, um...a motivating factor to want to own this card. lol

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know why anyone would want this card.   It has a ridiculous AF at $495 and APR of 13.24%, but basically gives you the same features of a World Elite Mastercard or Amex Platinum.  

You're better off getting an Amex Platinum at 450 a year or the Ameriprise World Elite Mastercard for 150 which has an APR of 6.24%.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try using black spray paint on your current VISA card and save yourself $500.........Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My elder brother has this card for a while. It's been sock drawered for almost a year now. He's considering cancelling it and getting some amex gold or even the platinum. According to him, the worst part about it is the stupid concierge service. They never find you what YOU need, they only find the deal where THEY are making some sort of penny.

Message 5 of 16
jforsyth
Regular Contributor

One word:

Gimmick

EQ FAKO: 779 (03/26/15)
TU FAKO: 785(03/26/15)
Citi Double Cash | Citi Forward | BankAmericard Cash Rewards | Amex Zync
Message 6 of 16
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Now that's my kind of woman!

Unfortunately, she doesn't come with the card.  I would pass on this.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

$495 for a card which could easily have only a $500 CL?  No, thank you.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

$495 for a card which could easily have only a $500 CL?  No, thank you.

Then again, there have been those who were approved for AMEX Platinum and had initial limits of ~$1000.

I think the whole issue is, that these cards are only of real value to those who meet the true demographic they are well suited:  1) Financially established;  2) Excellent credit; 3) Has other prime high limit cards  4) has a well established credit history.

Getting a Black Card before you are really financially and credit worthy is pretty hollow.  You can't get huge CL's strictly from a high AF.  If the shoe doesn't fit, pretending it does will not alter the facts.

Get one of these cards when they can actually mean something.

NOTE:  If you want a really cool card, then go with CapOne that lets you DESIGN and upload your own card.  Then get with someone who is Photoshop god and design the ultimate Black or Platinum cool design and then you can say you have a Black Card....LOL  Smiley Wink

txjohn

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

txjohn wrote:

If you want a really cool card, then go with CapOne that lets you DESIGN and upload your own card.  Then get with someone who is Photoshop god and design the ultimate Black or Platinum cool design and then you can say you have a Black Card....LOL  Smiley Wink

txjohn

Never thought about that i might try that. I wonder if they will let u put BLACK CARD on it?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.