Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Visa Infinite vs. Visa Signature

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

So I'm curious about the Visa Infinite cards. My dad who lives in India has one with his bank and says they're a higher tier than Visa Signature cards. I looked it up and in foreign territories, they do in fact, get more perks and the like than Visa Signature cards abroad. So my question is why aren't they offered in the United States?

@Anonymous,

The Visa Infinite is the equivalent of Visa Signature in America and considered pretigious in Europe, Asia and Africa.  You have to meet certain requirements to get it as it comes with concierge services and some awesome perks.  In England for example, holders of Visa Infinite have their own assigned personal shopper should they go shopping at Harrods.

I was under the impression that Visa infinite was not available in the UK as well? Did that change?

It is available in the UK and its issued by Barclays Bank.  My sister has one since she resides there.

https://wealth.barclays.com/en_gb/home/wealth-management/what-we-offer/banking/cards/barclays-visa-infinite-card.html

Thanks. I don't know why I was under the impression that infinite cards were not offered there. I swear I read it somewhere. Thanks for the clarification. 

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

So I'm curious about the Visa Infinite cards. My dad who lives in India has one with his bank and says they're a higher tier than Visa Signature cards. I looked it up and in foreign territories, they do in fact, get more perks and the like than Visa Signature cards abroad. So my question is why aren't they offered in the United States?

@Anonymous,

The Visa Infinite is the equivalent of Visa Signature in America and considered pretigious in Europe, Asia and Africa.  You have to meet certain requirements to get it as it comes with concierge services and some awesome perks.  In England for example, holders of Visa Infinite have their own assigned personal shopper should they go shopping at Harrods.

I was under the impression that Visa infinite was not available in the UK as well? Did that change?

It is available in the UK and its issued by Barclays Bank.  My sister has one since she resides there.

https://wealth.barclays.com/en_gb/home/wealth-management/what-we-offer/banking/cards/barclays-visa-infinite-card.html

Thanks. I don't know why I was under the impression that infinite cards were not offered there. I swear I read it somewhere. Thanks for the clarification. 

@Anonymous,

No problem...

Message 12 of 30
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Representative APR: 32.2 per cent APR (variable) including the £300 annual fee. Purchase rate per annum: 0 per cent (variable). Assumed credit limit: £1,200. Subject to application and status.

Well I would never apply for such a card looking at APR, AF and CL Smiley Sad  ... that Infinite would not get my attention..lol

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

Representative APR: 32.2 per cent APR (variable) including the £300 annual fee. Purchase rate per annum: 0 per cent (variable). Assumed credit limit: £1,200. Subject to application and status.

Well I would never apply for such a card looking at APR, AF and CL Smiley Sad  ... that Infinite would not get my attention..lol

Awesome.

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

Agreed... Thats one heck of an APR.  No wonder Barclays doesn't do much around the U.S but are big in other countries.  They must be raking in the money.

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Agreed... Thats one heck of an APR.  No wonder Barclays doesn't do much around the U.S but are big in other countries.  They must be raking in the money.

The APR would not throw me off since I would never carry a balance on the card. I have an emergency CU card for balances that I have almost never used other than to keep it alive. The AF is steep though and unless the benefits were really good, no way I would pay that. The CL is pretty measley as well, but it does say "bespoke" credit limits. I had to google that and it looks like it means something like "made to order" or tailored credit limits. So I am sure people qualify for much more than £1200

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

The APR would not throw me off since I would never carry a balance on the card. I have an emergency CU card for balances that I have almost never used other than to keep it alive. The AF is steep though and unless the benefits were really good, no way I would pay that. The CL is pretty measley as well, but it does say "bespoke" credit limits. I had to google that and it looks like it means something like "made to order" or tailored credit limits. So I am sure people qualify for much more than £1200

@Anonymous,

Agreed. 

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

@Anonymous,

Visa Infinite is available in the UK.  Visa Infinite (by region and member bank) is higher tiered than US-issued Signature Cards.  Visa Infinite is only available by invitation only in the specific regions where it is offered.

stop making **bleep** up. it's not higher teired. it's the same damn thing. you can apply for visa infinite cards. TD bank , RBC, CIBC, etc, all have VISA infinite cards you can get with a declared income of 60k with a $90 - $120 annual fee (canadian dollars). other regions have them too. 

on the flip side, there are Visa signature cards that are invite only as well. it's just branding. that's it. 

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know... is it better than jp morgan palladium? or amex centurion? Smiley LOL

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know... is it better than jp morgan palladium? or amex centurion? Smiley LOL

centurion card is (was?) a god send for those who travel a lot. back when the innitiation fee was only $2500 and AF was $1500. now they hicked up the prices to the point where it's just not worth it. my former employer got one when he retired years ago (when fees were lower) and it actually saves him a boat load of money thanks to the free room and air fare upgrades. 

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.