Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa/Mastercard with settled for less

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Visa/Mastercard with settled for less

I have searched all the boards but not finding much info specifcally about "settled for less" with new credit requests.

I am closing on a house Tuesday (thanks to this site) and was hoping to get a decent credit card for emergencies.

My lendor scores are TU 687, EQ 665 and EX 700

13 TLs in good standing - oldest 15 years.

1 active credit card with 2% uti (300 limit)

No collections

Just 3 old COs (all prior to 2006)  that have a zero balance. One with Cap 1 that shows "settled for less". Pretty sure at this point that has the worst impact.

Anyone have any suggestions who may over look that "settled for less" and approve a Visa/Mastercard with a decent limit over $1000

I know about Orchard, that is what I have now but was trying to get another card with a better limit.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Ms-Kato
Contributor

Re: Visa/Mastercard with settled for less

Discover More

Barclay

It would be easy peasy and over 1G for sure. 

My CR is way worst than your's  and I got over 1G's on my new cards.

Report back with results.

Experian FICO= 640 AMEX BCP- Pull 11-2-11 (Denied)
Experian FICO=579 Chase Freedom-Pull 11-3-11 (Denied)

Transunion myFICO = 673 Pulled 10-28-11
Transunion FICO= 653 Cap One Plat No Hassle Cash Back-Pull 10-26-11 (Approved $2000.)
Transunion FICO= 630 Discover More - Pull 11-2-11 (Approved $1000.)

Equifax myFICO = 681 Latest -Down From 684

Walmart = Pull 11-2-11..Waiting on Score (Approved $500.)
Barclay Apple= Pull 11-9-11..Waiting on Score (Approved $1290.)
Kohls = Old Pull = 10-5-10 (Score At The Time ? ) =(Approved $300)

BOA Cash Back= Pull 11-9-11..Waiting on Deny Score Letter (Denied)

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a "settled for less" on ur credit. That's my biggest concern as I have heard that alone can cause declines.
Message 3 of 15
Ms-Kato
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you have a "settled for less" on ur credit. That's my biggest concern as I have heard that alone can cause declines.

Actually I did have one reporting "settle for less" but it's a CA reporting it. It was still listed as a CO by

the CCC when I applied for all these cards the last 2 weeks.

Remember..my settle for less wasn't a huge amount and the original CO wasn't huge either..it wasunder 1G

and settled for way less than the 1G.

I don't know if the amount of "settle for less" or original amount

owed has a factor.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My "settled" was still with oc. Limit was $500, balance $2200 (interest and late fees) and I paid $1100. Just says settled for less with a zero balance. No numbers on credit for amount settled.
Message 5 of 15
Smug
Established Contributor

Barclay.....
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get approval right away with Discover.

I applied today.... And it was odd as it said I was approved then had me set up access for an online account.... Did that....Then, I tried to log in and it said my account was stil being set up. Below that is said "check the status of your applicantion" which I clicked and got this message...

"Your application is being processed. We have received your information but need to perform additional processing before we can provide you with a decision. You will hear from us within 30 days of your application being submitted"

So I am confused.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

checked again this am... Says this now...

Congratulations! You have been approved for a Discover® Card with a credit line of $1,000.00. You will receive your card in approximately 5 to 7 business days at the address provided on your application. Once you receive your card, be sure to visit Discover.com to manage your account online.

Thanks for the tip on the card!!!

Message 8 of 15
john398
Senior Contributor

Question, when you settle for less is it almost like a charge off when you get a tax form and are suppose to report as income?

Message 9 of 15
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

The company or collection agency is supposed to send a 1099 form if the settlement or CO remaining balance is above a certain dollar limit. (I don't remember the specific amount. Someone may fill it in.) This does not seem to be a universal practice though. A few years back when I was going through the bad times process and settling accounts or letting them go I only had one company that sent a 1099. The others just left it alone. YMMV.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.