Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa PayWave :(

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Visa PayWave :(

i recently received a replacement card that had the paywave feature. i didnt ask for this and am not crazy about the ability for anyone to wave my card at a checkout to pay for merchandise. is this a feature that i have to have because all cards have it now?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Visa PayWave :(

Last I knew only a few US issuers have issued these cards and key fobs-
* BB&T
* Chase
* SunTrust
* Wells Fargo

It is just as secure as your card and has the same protections as your Visa card.

The FOB does not even have your card number on it-
It has to be 1 to 2 inches from the reader-
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditDrama85 wrote:
i recently received a replacement card that had the paywave feature. i didnt ask for this and am not crazy about the ability for anyone to wave my card at a checkout to pay for merchandise. is this a feature that i have to have because all cards have it now?

I have "Blink" on my 2 Chase cards.  The "Blink" feature cannot be used at most merchants' checkouts.  In fact, in my area, it's only available for use at CVS and McDonald's.  On most transactions, your card will still be "swiped" as usual. 
Message 3 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Sounds like the thingie on my AMEX card (which I have never used)
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 10
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Similar to the Exxon/Mobil speed pass thing. Comes in very handy.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my Amex's has it and I have never used it. I think it would be great for tolls though! We get a little irritated when we have to drive through W. Va, and New York to visit my sis and DH's side of the family. Too many tolls.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep all my credit cards with rfid tags in a rfid blocking wallet. You could have your credit card in your wallet and someone could walk by you and have enough information to make a replica card. Chances of it happening to you isn't that high but it COULD happen. Message Edited by CaGray88 on 01-07-2008 11:48 PM

Message Edited by CaGray88 on 01-07-2008 11:49 PM
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have any of those things, nor do I want them, and probably wouldn't use it even if I have them.

I'm a tactile sensation creature that enjoys being able to feel the cc in my hands. I think it's a security issue I may have.

I wouldn't fee comfortable having my credit card dangling on my keychain. I'd have 13 of those's on it.......

But on second thought, it would be a LOT easier to find my keys in my cluttered jumbo purse. HaHa! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont have any of those---dont really care to have it really---i guess it can be handy for some
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news is you call in and have that card feature deactivated.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.