Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Siggy NPSL= joke

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Visa Siggy NPSL= joke

Lol so out of curiosity I called C1 reg CSR to determine if I could comfortably exceed the limit should it be necessary. The CSR explained that while I do have the ability to exceed my $5,000 cl, I would still incur an overlimit fee and it would be looked upon negatively on my account. Also, C1 will continue to report my current limit with no change.
So is the Signature supposed to be similar to an Amex charge card?
In all honesty, I would never need to exceed my cl w C1 as I prob wouldn't use that card in an emergency lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Visa Siggy NPSL= joke

No it isn't supposed to be like a charge card, as the limit will not increase steadily as it is used. Every lender seems to operate Visa Signature and World Mastercard differently. They may let you go a little over, but I don't see them letting you go thousands over the limit. Some report that the JP Morgan Selec or Palladium let you go three times the credit limit, but I have no experience with that. You should ring again and ask because I don't believe the overlimit fee is true. I've been able to go over the limit with all of the Signature and World cards I have (not by much) and I have had no trouble with it really.

Message 2 of 22
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Interesting...
Well, I'm just happy I can get free wine tastings if I ever make it to Sonoma! Haha
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 22
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Interesting...
Well, I'm just happy I can get free wine tastings if I ever make it to Sonoma! Haha

Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 22
melbaro
New Contributor

In addition to going over the limit, Visa Signature has additional offerings and benefits to compete with those of AMEX. Overall, it's definitely not NPSL, but whatever you do spend above your limit definitely needs to be paid in full.

On a side note - when Cap 1 converted your student card to a Visa Siggy Venture, did your numbers change or did you get any alerts regarding how it is reporting (new TL with same history as previous card or same TL with new number or something else) on your reports? The reason I ask is that I've been trying to get my PlayStation card "Siggified"...I was informed that I would need a new number and the card would report as a new TL and they would have to close the original one out. I decided to cancel the upgrade, but am curious if the EO may have been a little mistaken - I recently changed a MC to Visa, resulting in a new TL reporting WITH the original card's history...

Sorry for the major thread jack...Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 22
mrmbluth

Does Capital One report the 5K limit for Visa sig cards or is the highest balance just reported?

Message 6 of 22
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I never had a student card, although I am still a student; I only have 17 hrs left- 9 of which Im taking this upcoming semester! I've worked most of the time I've been in school.
I had the Visa Platinum from 06/07. I think they actually let me open it when I was 17 surprisingly.
Haha I don't care about the "threadjack"
I don't mind answering ???'s to help you out 😀👍👍
So they offered me the Upgrade- absolutely nothing changed. No hp, no new tl, no alerts and it's the exact same account really, just diff rewards. I liked my 1.25% cash on everything before, but I wanted the Visa siggy. This isn't my everyday card anyway lol I get 1.25 miles on everything, apr is 13.9, and cl is $5k.
I closed my $1700 OB Gold, so I want to see if they'll cli me soon considering I closed that line.
It's really weird that the new reporting happened in your case. Shockingly, any time C1 has pc'ed me or anything similar, my report didn't change a single bit. And they have never hp'ed for clis.
Message 7 of 22
gsxrgt
New Contributor

I've gone several thousand over the limit on my CSP without issue or incurring any kind of charge. Was never declined or anything.

Chase Ritz 20.5K, Freedom 11K, Chase Marriott 11K, Citi Prestige 12.5K, Citi Aadvantage Platinum 10.5k, Barclay US Airways 12.5k, Discover IT 12.7K, Amex BCP 23K, Amex PRG, Penfed Platinum Rewards 11K, Penfed PLOC 25k
Message 8 of 22
CS800
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Interesting...

Free wine tasting with a Visa sig?? How did I mis that one. I'm going to be in Santa Rosa next week. Fill me in !!

Message 9 of 22
melbaro
New Contributor

Thank you for the information!! I apologize for assumining it was the student card...I knew I read somewhere that you had a card PC'd by them though. Smiley LOL 

I am baffled as to why they "can't" do this for me without the consequences they speak of. I may just take them up on the offer and I'll assume nothing will change regarding how it will report.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.