Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Siggy question

tag
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Visa Siggy question

Is there a way for other lenders to know you have a Visa Signature via your credit profile? 

I just changed my NFCU nRewards to a Visa Signature Flagship Rewards and I wanted to know if it would help me get a CSP by making Chase jealous with the spend I'll be using on the Flagship rewards card. Also with the NPSL on NFCU how does the Credit line reflect on my profile? Will it hurt my utilization at all?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Visa Siggy question

I know siggys report as a "flexible spending account" since they are npsl.

Chase just likes someone to have given you close to, or a $5000 limit. They dont want to be the first ones to do it.
Message 2 of 9
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Just learned something new. So are all Visa Signature cards a NPSL cards or just the one issued by NFCU?

Message 3 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I am fairly certain all visa siggys are NPSL. 

Same with World (and higher (world elite)) mastercards. 

Message 4 of 9
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

I just did a CLI recon with Chase and while they were willing to meet my $5k CL with AMEX (Delta Gold) and BoA (Signature Visa) it wasn't enought for me. It wasn't until I told the Chase CSR that I could go over my $5k limit with my BoA Signature card that he was willing to go up to $6500. He did mention that he could see my BoA CL, but it didn't indicate that it was a Signature card. 

This is just my experience, so as disclaimers go... YMMV

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 5 of 9
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Jus cool 76,

MontegoMack just mentioned a 5k CL on his visa wiggy so I'm confused

Message 6 of 9
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

I am fairly certain all visa siggys are NPSL. 

Same with World (and higher (world elite)) mastercards. 

Interesting so would the Chase Ink Cash be considered an NPSL? I ask because my card says World above the mastercard logo. If thats the case I never knew that was doable.

Message 7 of 9
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

It's my understanding that while I have a SIgnature Visa from BoA and could go over my limit, they could at any time decline a purchase over that defined limit. With my AMEX PRG, I doubt I'd get declined until I hit their internal limit. In both cases, limits are exists (however cloaked AMEX's CL is), so be careful. 

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 8 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Like MontegoMack said,

Going over your limit is a case by case basis, some cards list how much you can go over (for instance, JPM select can do 2x its limit and JPM Palladium can do 3x its listed limit) and anything over your limit MUST be paid by the due date of that period.

It really varies by lender, but if you plan on making a large purchase i would just call up first and ask. One member was able to push a 20k purchase through a 5k cap1 card because he called and asked.

@JonMartin: it is my understanding ALL World and World Elite MCs are npsl.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.