Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Signature Question

tag
awall41
Established Member

Visa Signature Question

Hi Everyone!

I got approved for the BoA AAA Membership Visa Signature today at my highest CL 5k!  I was wondering if anyone could explain how this is going to report?  I want the CSP and after I was declined I spoke with a Chase rep who said my only reason for denial was I did not have a comparable credit line.  I just want to make sure they will be able to see my limit when I decide to apply again.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Visa Signature Question

@awall41 wrote:

Hi Everyone!

I got approved for the BoA AAA Membership Visa Signature today at my highest CL 5k!  I was wondering if anyone could explain how this is going to report?  I want the CSP and after I was declined I spoke with a Chase rep who said my only reason for denial was I did not have a comparable credit line.  I just want to make sure they will be able to see my limit when I decide to apply again.

Thanks

I am no expert but visa sig don't report credit limit to bureau's

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 2 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Hi there! First of all; Congrats on your new card! There are a lot of different answers for this question. Back in the early days of the visa sig; the credit access line did not report. For most lenders; they have now started reporting the access line. My NFCU visa signature reports its full line. These usually report as a flexible spending account... on manual review; these types of accounts are viewed positively by lenders... Congrats again!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 12
YahComb
Established Contributor

As a boa visa signature, credit limit probably won't be reported. They're pretty much the only ones still not reporting yet(their world mastercards do though)
EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 4 of 12
thrillege
Valued Member

@newportguy wrote:

@awall41 wrote:

Hi Everyone!

Thanks

This is not true. They do report your credit limit.

Message 5 of 12
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval! I also got my first Visa Signature card recently. Exciting!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 12
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

@thrillege wrote:

@newportguy wrote:

@awall41 wrote:

Hi Everyone!

Thanks

This is not true. They do report your credit limit.

Are you 100% sure?

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
Message 7 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

The issue of whether it reports or not depends on the lender that issued the card.
Chase and NFCU definately report the limit. I don't think that BOA does yet.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 12
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
The issue of whether it reports or not depends on the lender that issued the card.
Chase and NFCU definately report the limit. I don't think that BOA does yet.

That's my understanding too. BOA does not report CL...

Message 9 of 12
HiLine
Blogger

I have spent countless hours researching this topic. Here's what I found:

Bank of America does not report the credit limit, but it does the high balance. Also, Bank of America reports the card as a revolving account, so for FICO scoring purposes, the high balance will be treated as the credit limit for the account. 

The consequence of that? You'd have to put heavy charges on the card in a month so that the balance reported is as high as it can be, if you're interested in raising your credit score. If your loan application is under manual review, you can simply explain that your card is a Visa Signature, which implies that the credit limit is at least 5,000. This will work in your favor. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.