Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Signature question

tag
VWTUNER
Contributor

Re: Visa Signature question

I guess I was just pissed off since Seth macfarlene is the host of the Oscars. He is such an annoying idiot.
current cards
WM store
Cap1 platinum
WF secured
Amazon Chase Smiley Happy
Gardening since 12/20/2012
Message 11 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I thought the boobs song was kinda funny, and the whole captain kirk spiel
Message 12 of 20
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

it does record highest historical balance through. You can use your card to purchase a big item and then pay back. The highest balance would be treated like your CL in credit report

Message 13 of 20
thom02099
Valued Contributor

I have a BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa and a JP Morgan Select Signature Visa.  I just re-checked my TU report here, the one that's most recently pulled, looked at the details and BOTH of them are showing a credit limit.  They also indicate that they are Flexible Spending accouts, Revolving Accounts, and show a high balance.  As others have said, I guess with BofA it's hit or miss.  Also, when I check CreditKarma for both those accounts, it does show both utilization and limits as well as balance information.  Truly a YMMV thing with BofA!

Message 14 of 20
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
I thought the boobs song was kinda funny, and the whole captain kirk spiel

Reminded me of the Holy Modal Rounders from college days.  Otherwise, meh.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 15 of 20
longtermgardener
New Contributor

My card too is not reporting credit limit and it is hurting my score a lot. I was offered to downgrade to platinum mastercard. I have this card since 10 months. If I downgrade, do I lose my history with my Visa siggy card?. Has anybody downgraded their card?. After downgrading how long does it take for limit to appear on the report?.

Wallet : AMEX Costco TE 23k, BoFA 123 Visa Signature $12.5k, Marriott rewards $5k, Discover IT $1.7k, Walmart Discover $5.5k, Cap 1 Platinum $1500, Amazon $2000

Scores: EQ 712(9/28/13), EX 728 (9/28/13), TU 717 (Credit Karma 10/26/13), TU 753 Walmart (9/03/13)
Last app : 9/28/2013
Message 16 of 20
severine
Contributor

O Myfico boards, I just can't quit you! I'm back...Smiley Tongue with some info! I called this morning and did a PC to the Visa Platinum. Yes I realize that this was a downgrade but that matters less to me than having the full CL report. The rep assured me that nothing would change: the length of the account, the CL, etc. all remain the same, and within 30 days the CL will start reporting to the CBs. So I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I'll report back if any monkey business occurs!

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 17 of 20
longtermgardener
New Contributor

@severine wrote:

O Myfico boards, I just can't quit you! I'm back...Smiley Tongue with some info! I called this morning and did a PC to the Visa Platinum. Yes I realize that this was a downgrade but that matters less to me than having the full CL report. The rep assured me that nothing would change: the length of the account, the CL, etc. all remain the same, and within 30 days the CL will start reporting to the CBs. So I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I'll report back if any monkey business occurs!

Did you check with them if you get to keep your rewards or has to forego them?. I called BoFA today and spoke to credit analyst. When I told him that few people in myFICO with visa signature card has their CL reported by BoFA and why it's different for different people?. He said that is not true and BoFA simply doesn't report limit for all visa signature card holders. He offered me to down grade to Platinum visa and told me that I will keep my history and CL but has to forego rewards. I have some $150 rewards accumulated with this card and said NO. Last time when I called and sopke to a different analyst a month ago, I was told that I am going to keep everything including my rewards. There is so much inconsistency with this Bank and seems they don't have a common policy in place and every analyst works on their own policy. I am thinking of maxing this card out near to it's limit and let them report it and I will pay off the balance.

Wallet : AMEX Costco TE 23k, BoFA 123 Visa Signature $12.5k, Marriott rewards $5k, Discover IT $1.7k, Walmart Discover $5.5k, Cap 1 Platinum $1500, Amazon $2000

Scores: EQ 712(9/28/13), EX 728 (9/28/13), TU 717 (Credit Karma 10/26/13), TU 753 Walmart (9/03/13)
Last app : 9/28/2013
Message 18 of 20
severine
Contributor

Yes--I still maintain the rewards I'd accumulated, which isn't very much as I'd recently cashed them in for a statement credit. I'll let you know if this doesn't turn out to be the case. You could always cash your rewards in now, just to be safe, and then do the PC...

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 19 of 20
littlesister
Contributor

@severine wrote:

Since I took a HP for a measly 2k AND it's not reporting anyway because it's a Visa Signature card, is there any way to get Bank of America to report the total credit limit to the CR agencies so I can at least get a lower util out of the whole deal?

I was approved last week for BOA cash rewards 1 2 3  card with a credit limit of 7500.

I received it today and it is a visa signature card.. I knew it would be after I applied , but wasn't sure.

So I called and spoke with a fantastic guy who understood that I wanted the credit limit reported. He instantly product changed my card to the world mc.

It has everything the visa had.,includind the rewards. My card should be here in a few days.
I

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.