Frequent Contributor
csol47

Re: Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story

@TannerK if you have a world elite mastercard (ameriprise, citi, saks etc) try their concierge, they've been excellent. Fast turnaround and regular followups. The emails come from vipdeskservice.com and they use a seperate travel service for more complex/we specific stuff, such as their equiv of FHR.

Starting Score: TU 680 FAKO
Current Score: EQ 721 FICO TU 784 FICO
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
CS800

That was a good photoshop by whoever did this card.

Established Contributor
TannerK

csol47 wrote:
@TannerK if you have a world elite mastercard (ameriprise, citi, saks etc) try their concierge, they've been excellent. Fast turnaround and regular followups. The emails come from vipdeskservice.com and they use a seperate travel service for more complex/we specific stuff, such as their equiv of FHR.

And see every post I read says amex plat is better. Once again real world experiences are night and day compared to what they day and what is reality. Thanks for the info

Frequent Contributor
csol47

[ Edited ]
Amex plat has a nice bunching of travel benefits and if you use all of them the AF pretty much pays for itself. The concierge though is outsourced and overloaded. A family friend is one. I think she works for circles? The amex travel department has been helpful to me at times, though I can generally find better options just browsing the web.
To give an example of the world elite concierge, I asked for info of things to do in New Orleans, since I'm heading there tomorrow. They sent several pages of restaurants, shows, tourist attractions, activities etc, with websites and contact info for each. Each email contained a three digit reference code which I could use when I called back to expidite arrangements for anything I might find interesting. They had all of that info to me in a matter of a few hours. No wait times, they always pick up quickly. They can bill anything to the card and I don't need to transfer in order to do so.

Starting Score: TU 680 FAKO
Current Score: EQ 721 FICO TU 784 FICO
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
TannerK

I did the same for Hawaii asking for events for the day. 6 Page fully loaded report with 3 different options per day. Its pretty nice although I need to change flight times as there to early. Other than that very good.

Super Contributor
CS800

TannerK wrote:

I did the same for Hawaii asking for events for the day. 6 Page fully loaded report with 3 different options per day. Its pretty nice although I need to change flight times as there to early. Other than that very good.

Which Visa Sig do you have?

Established Contributor
TannerK

JP Select and sapphire

Super Contributor
CS800

TannerK wrote:

JP Select and sapphire

Ah so the JP Select comes standard as a Sig?

Established Contributor
TannerK

Yes. Limits begin at 5k. Not sure how high they go.

Super Contributor
CS800

TannerK wrote:

Yes. Limits begin at 5k. Not sure how high they go.

Those are good things to know when i decide one of these days to get the JP Select.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}