Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story

@TannerK if you have a world elite mastercard (ameriprise, citi, saks etc) try their concierge, they've been excellent. Fast turnaround and regular followups. The emails come from vipdeskservice.com and they use a seperate travel service for more complex/we specific stuff, such as their equiv of FHR.
Message 51 of 86
CS800
Super Contributor

That was a good photoshop by whoever did this card.

Message 52 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous if you have a world elite mastercard (ameriprise, citi, saks etc) try their concierge, they've been excellent. Fast turnaround and regular followups. The emails come from vipdeskservice.com and they use a seperate travel service for more complex/we specific stuff, such as their equiv of FHR.

And see every post I read says amex plat is better. Once again real world experiences are night and day compared to what they day and what is reality. Thanks for the info

Message 53 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex plat has a nice bunching of travel benefits and if you use all of them the AF pretty much pays for itself. The concierge though is outsourced and overloaded. A family friend is one. I think she works for circles? The amex travel department has been helpful to me at times, though I can generally find better options just browsing the web.
To give an example of the world elite concierge, I asked for info of things to do in New Orleans, since I'm heading there tomorrow. They sent several pages of restaurants, shows, tourist attractions, activities etc, with websites and contact info for each. Each email contained a three digit reference code which I could use when I called back to expidite arrangements for anything I might find interesting. They had all of that info to me in a matter of a few hours. No wait times, they always pick up quickly. They can bill anything to the card and I don't need to transfer in order to do so.
Message 54 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the same for Hawaii asking for events for the day. 6 Page fully loaded report with 3 different options per day. Its pretty nice although I need to change flight times as there to early. Other than that very good.

Message 55 of 86
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did the same for Hawaii asking for events for the day. 6 Page fully loaded report with 3 different options per day. Its pretty nice although I need to change flight times as there to early. Other than that very good.

Which Visa Sig do you have?

Message 56 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

JP Select and sapphire

Message 57 of 86
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

JP Select and sapphire

Ah so the JP Select comes standard as a Sig?

Message 58 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Limits begin at 5k. Not sure how high they go.

Message 59 of 86
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes. Limits begin at 5k. Not sure how high they go.

Those are good things to know when i decide one of these days to get the JP Select.

Message 60 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.