Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story

@Anonymous wrote:

Not a single swipe. They couldnt register it that day because they only had a phone I wasnt able to pick up on there profile. Ive been pretty busy the past 2 days and have been using sapphire and plat like crazy instead. I got the "DANG this card is heavy!" from a server. She then handed it to all the staff and passed it around. No one knows what the sapphire is but like it because its metal. If I hand them Plat... nothing happens. 

Tey need to revamp the design of the sapphire.

Message 41 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

They need to make plat out of gold or something. My generation has no idea what amex is and just thinks the centurion on the front is a runaway soldier or something. Sapphire gets praises for being sexy but I will say it looks worlds different than on the web site. Much darker. 

Message 42 of 86
CS800
Super Contributor

The AMEX Plat should be metal too.

Message 43 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it! What if they made platinum out of... platinum??? Good idea?

Message 44 of 86
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

Great post, thanks OP.

Here is an idea for something else to "test".

Ask each to compare and contrast the quality of the Visa and Amex Concierges.  I wonder if either would accept the challenge.  This adds depth in a very strange way to your comparison.

Message 45 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a little bit asking Visa about there infinite card. They got back today saying they dont yet allow U S banks to issue them. Amex wont touch visa though. I tried. Im open to requests for a 3rd comparison though.

Message 46 of 86
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got it! What if they made platinum out of... platinum??? Good idea?

Imagine the price of this card if it was made out of Platinum. Could put the palladium to shame on cost itself

Message 47 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Plutonium card would have no annual fee. Reason being it kills you before the year is up. Wait this is Amex... They would charge double centurion just for the opportunity to be killed by one of there cards I bet Smiley Tongue

Message 48 of 86
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The Plutonium card would have no annual fee. Reason being it kills you before the year is up. Wait this is Amex... They would charge double centurion just for the opportunity to be killed by one of there cards I bet Smiley Tongue

Ddi you see my post about the plutonium card?

Message 49 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats the post im refering to actually.

Message 50 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.