Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story

I thought you were going for palliadum instead?

Message 61 of 86
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When you get the palladum, you let me know if its worth Smiley Happy If it is, I'll go for it too and Ax the AMEX Plat

Message 62 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When you get the palladum, you let me know if its worth Smiley Happy If it is, I'll go for it too and Ax the AMEX Plat

$1325 in AF a year... Ouch...

Message 63 of 86
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

$1325 in AF a year... Ouch...

Right now my AF total is about $600 I beleive and $450 of that is the Platinum.

Message 64 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im at 625 with plat, sapphire, and jp. I think ill keep what I have now.

Message 65 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Amex just got back with me after 7 days. They provided 1 company and it was the same Visa provided. Amex's was much more detailed including people that have been on this spacecraft. Overall B- compared to Visas 4 companies and 6 hours vs 7 days response time.

Message 66 of 86
CS800
Super Contributor

B- not bad.Smiley Happy

Visa get what grade?

Message 67 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is compared to Visa's A+. Cant argue with the results provided by Visa. Very impressed overall. I wonder if palladium has the came concierge as the normal signatures or if they have there own dept.

Message 68 of 86
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

If you are looking for more tests, why not revisit your assertion that both should excell at things they do every day? While it is nice to know visa sig can help with space travel, I've always seen the value of concierges as getting things done that I either cannot do myself or don't have time to do. What about this: I need reservations tonight, table for 4, trying to impress a potential client/donor/wife/etc. ready, go. I've had hotel concierges get tables I could never get on my own, while others appeared to have just grabbed a visitor guide and dialed at random. If I could eliminate hotel to hotel variability and always call visa or Amex for this service, I would pay happily.
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 69 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:
If you are looking for more tests, why not revisit your assertion that both should excell at things they do every day? While it is nice to know visa sig can help with space travel, I've always seen the value of concierges as getting things done that I either cannot do myself or don't have time to do. What about this: I need reservations tonight, table for 4, trying to impress a potential client/donor/wife/etc. ready, go. I've had hotel concierges get tables I could never get on my own, while others appeared to have just grabbed a visitor guide and dialed at random. If I could eliminate hotel to hotel variability and always call visa or Amex for this service, I would pay happily.

Where I live (small town) many restaurants do not accept reservations. Somewhere in the middle of this thread is a person who tested the platinum and visa concierges on restaurant reservations though. Something they do every day (or so I thought) is assist with travel. Results with that are outlined in the bottom half of the first post. For gifts, visa was also very good. Platinum will only make recomendations for there partners is my experience so far. I do plan to use both concierges again when I travel to England. I then will need restaurants, guides, ect. I will report back once I use them again.

Message 70 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.