cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story

Established Contributor

Re: Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story

I love your compare & contrast story. I heard a lot of good things about Visa Signatures Cards. I have the Bank of America Visa Signature Card. I didn't see where the original poster mentioned Citi? Anyways, I was under the impression that I would not have to contact BofA if I had questions or make plans and reservations, but Visa Signature Services would do all of the work. I think that he/or she contacted Visa Signature Customer Service.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday; American Express Everyday; Barclay's AAdvantage Aviator World Elite MasterCard; Citi Thank You Premier World Elite MasterCard; Citi Double Cash; Navy Federal cashRewards Visa Signature Card.
Message 11 of 86
Established Contributor

Re: Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story


Cory wrote:

I love your compare & contrast story. I heard a lot of good things about Visa Signatures Cards. I have the Bank of America Visa Signature Card. I didn't see where the original poster mentioned Citi? Anyways, I was under the impression that I would not have to contact BofA if I had questions or make plans and reservations, but Visa Signature Services would do all of the work. I think that he/or she contacted Visa Signature Customer Service.


No mention of Citi by me. Any Visa Signature card will work. On both cases I emailed them. Simply google Visa Concierge and its the first link. They will set up your card and let you begin emailing right away.

Message 12 of 86
Established Contributor

Re: Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story


dalebb wrote:

mayb my cruise ship ran aground and i have nothing but the clothes on my back and need to get home?



Something that doesnt require travel as Amex's concierge does not help with travel.

Message 13 of 86
Senior Contributor

Re: Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story

You should forward this to Amex.  I'm sure they'd be itnerested in the feedback.  Like you said, at the very least, they should have sent the request to the correct department instead of just telling you that they aren't the ones who handle these types of requests. 


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 86
New Contributor

Re: Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story

Great to know - thank you for the detailed and informative post!

April 2012 Scores - EX: 750 PSECU
Message 15 of 86
Established Contributor

Re: Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story


Walt_K wrote:

You should forward this to Amex.  I'm sure they'd be itnerested in the feedback.  Like you said, at the very least, they should have sent the request to the correct department instead of just telling you that they aren't the ones who handle these types of requests. 


Im scared of FR. Smiley Tongue 

No, but really. You think I should send it as a secure message?

Message 16 of 86
Valued Contributor

Re: Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story


Cory wrote:

I love your compare & contrast story. I heard a lot of good things about Visa Signatures Cards. I have the Bank of America Visa Signature Card. I didn't see where the original poster mentioned Citi? Anyways, I was under the impression that I would not have to contact BofA if I had questions or make plans and reservations, but Visa Signature Services would do all of the work. I think that he/or she contacted Visa Signature Customer Service.



You're correct, my mistake, I thought I saw Citi mentioned in the OP's first post.

 

If I'm going to make an excuse, I'm sick and my head is a bit clouded (hopefully that will get me off the hook)

 

Sorry about that, I really could have sworn I saw Citi mentioned in the first post.


Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's
Goal Score: 800+ across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge


Message 17 of 86
Regular Contributor

Re: Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story

Funny I was just buttering up my DW as to why I earth I would want to pay an AF that high for the Plat. one day, I was specifically praising their concierge, I hope yours was a fluke Smiley Wink However I do bank with Citi and can't wait to get approved for one of their Prime cards!


Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 18 of 86
Established Contributor

Re: Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story


Mustanglvr2006 wrote:

Cory wrote:

I love your compare & contrast story. I heard a lot of good things about Visa Signatures Cards. I have the Bank of America Visa Signature Card. I didn't see where the original poster mentioned Citi? Anyways, I was under the impression that I would not have to contact BofA if I had questions or make plans and reservations, but Visa Signature Services would do all of the work. I think that he/or she contacted Visa Signature Customer Service.



You're correct, my mistake, I thought I saw Citi mentioned in the OP's first post.

 

If I'm going to make an excuse, I'm sick and my head is a bit clouded (hopefully that will get me off the hook)

 

Sorry about that, I really could have sworn I saw Citi mentioned in the first post.


Its no problem. Smiley Happy 

 

I would like for Amex to see this. Just not sure what the best approch to take is.

Message 19 of 86
Established Contributor

Re: Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story


Mickey11 wrote:
Funny I was just buttering up my DW as to why I earth I would want to pay an AF that high for the Plat. one day, I was specifically praising their concierge, I hope yours was a fluke Smiley Wink However I do bank with Citi and can't wait to get approved for one of their Prime cards!

I, too, have heard great things and wanted to try them out. My result is the story on page one.

Message 20 of 86