Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Signature?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Visa Signature?

I'm really surprised that Chase has signature cards with that starting limit.
Message 11 of 24
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Well...
I have a $5k freedom and it is NOT a siggy :-/

+1

Me too

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 12 of 24
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@boomhower wrote:

Got a $5k not sig Freedom as well.  Double check your limit OP. 

so chase didn't give you a sig visa for your freedom? did you try to ask for one yet?

I tried, they said I have to wait a year.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 14 of 24
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Dustink wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@boomhower wrote:

Got a $5k not sig Freedom as well.  Double check your limit OP. 

so chase didn't give you a sig visa for your freedom? did you try to ask for one yet?

I tried, they said I have to wait a year.

Same here... although its been a year; I will wait a while before I upgrade to siggy. I may ask for an upgrade and CLI at the same time on my amazon chase card.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 24
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I know I'll get blasted for this, but if this is the case, any little bit of presitge Visa Signature has left will be gone pretty soon. Lenders already watered it down by awarding 5000 limits like they were 500 (myself included). I personally think the starting limit should be like 15 or 20 thousand, since those limits are more difficult to reach than 5000.

Message 16 of 24
Open123
Super Contributor

With Visa/MC's agreement with the DOJ to allow merchants to selectively offer a discount for non-rewards cards, it's hardly surprising issuers will just go ahead and hand out the Visa Signature cards.

If I were running a CC issuer, I'd go ahead and just hand out as standard the highest fee rewards cards period--classic "**bleep** for tat" strategy.

Message 17 of 24
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I know I'll get blasted for this, but if this is the case, any little bit of presitge Visa Signature has left will be gone pretty soon. Lenders already watered it down by awarding 5000 limits like they were 500 (myself included). I personally think the starting limit should be like 15 or 20 thousand, since those limits are more difficult to reach than 5000.

Bingo! I think that everyone lusting for a signature card never takes advantage of the minor perks anyways. It's just a status symbol or something. It's ironic to me that my highest limit card at $46,000 (once at $100,000 before credit crunch) is a regular Visa (my only regualr Visa) but my wallet if full of Visa Signatures and World Mastercards (and don't forget World Elite Mastercards) with much lower limits. 

Message 18 of 24
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Bingo! I think that everyone lusting for a signature card never takes advantage of the minor perks anyways. It's just a status symbol or something. It's ironic to me that my highest limit card at $46,000 (once at $100,000 before credit crunch) is a regular Visa (my only regualr Visa) but my wallet if full of Visa Signatures and World Mastercards (and don't forget World Elite Mastercards) with much lower limits. 

Yes, same for me (at a lower level!)  Of my four highest CL Visas, only the 2nd one is a sig.   And in the "real" world, it's not even a status symbol, I would think most people with a Signature aren't even aware that it is any different.  (And in many cases it really isn't very different!)

Message 19 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

the normal consumer probably don't know nor care about the difference between a visa, plat visa, or signature visa. Same for mastercard.

As long as the payment goes through and they get their rewards/cashback, they're happy.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.