Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Signiture Benefit - Purchase Security

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Visa Signiture Benefit - Purchase Security

Eligible purchases are replaced, repaired, or reimbursed for the first 90 days from the date of purchase in the event of theft, damage due to fire, vandalism, accidentally discharged water, or certain weather conditions.

If I buy something under $500 value and got it stolen within 90 days
Visa will credit me That sounds pretty good

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Visa Signiture Benefit - Purchase Security

Well i think for theft you have to file a police report. I could be wrong though. Ive never had to use their service yet. But I think you need to file a report just to show them that you tried. Otherwise what would prevent everyone from saying oops it got stolen reimburse please Smiley Tongue I could be totwlly
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
Well i think for theft you have to file a police report. I could be wrong though. Ive never had to use their service yet. But I think you need to file a report just to show them that you tried. Otherwise what would prevent everyone from saying oops it got stolen reimburse please Smiley Tongue I could be totwlly

I've never used these services, but common wisdom is that V/MC make things much harder than Amex, causing some people to just give up.   Individual issuers might be better

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have done $800 rental car damage waived before, made few calls with rental car company and scanned and emailed docs to VISA it was reasonably painless but this service is not special for signiture I think all Visa is eligible
Message 4 of 5
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Amex Purchase protection/warranty is 1000 times better, easier to deal with...Visa is a joke...their claims is a joke....

Disover has to take the cake for close 2nd next to AMEX....

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.