Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Signiture options

tag
rex_03
Contributor

Re: Visa Signiture options

Congrats, you'll like the CSP. It has a lot of useful perks.. Freedom combo gives you points on the rotating catagories, and it adds up quick.
Message 11 of 19
electra
Established Contributor

@kimbia wrote:

Went for the CSP. Had to recon but got approved for $5K! Smiley Very Happy Back in the garden for the forseeable future since my CC goals (AmEx, Citi, and Chase cards + a Visa Siggy) are complete!

Congrats!!  I'm thinking of app-ing for this or AMEX BCP.  Which CRA did they pull from?

Message 12 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your new card!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 19
JonStur
Established Contributor

Good, you made the right choice.

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 14 of 19
kimbia
Valued Member

Thanks everyone. Electra, not sure which CRA they pulled from but will let you know when I get the letter in the mail. Also for future information to others who might need to recon, the guy asked me about some past lates from 2011, what I would be using the card for, whether I would be carrying a balance or paying it off in full each month, and reverified my income and employer.

Current Scores:EQ: 726 (07/13) | TU: 656 (03/13) | EX: 715 (07/13)
Goal Scores (2013): EQ: 750 | TU: 700 | EX: 730 - Last app: 11 May 2013 - Done apping for the foreseeable future
Message 15 of 19
rex_03
Contributor

I wanna say EXP was the pull. That sticks out, but it showed up fast on my Credit Karma account too.. YMMV
Message 16 of 19
zerobacan
Established Contributor

@kimbia wrote:

Thanks everyone. Electra, not sure which CRA they pulled from but will let you know when I get the letter in the mail. Also for future information to others who might need to recon, the guy asked me about some past lates from 2011, what I would be using the card for, whether I would be carrying a balance or paying it off in full each month, and reverified my income and employer.

kimbia, and what were your answers?

congrats!

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 17 of 19
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Don't mean to threadjack but for those that have Signature cards - what are the benefits you're using or like most?  My Navy CashRewards card is, but admittedly I've never really made use of any of the perks.

Message 18 of 19
kimbia
Valued Member

@zerobacan wrote:

@kimbia wrote:

kimbia, and what were your answers?

congrats!

I told him that the past lates were during a period in which I made the mistake of not managing my finances responsibly (vague enough - the truth is, I was trying to consolidate my student loans, but they missed some of them and I was lazy in getting the issue fixed. Big mistake, but I was stupid 'back then'. Most of my derogs and all that are over 60 days are from a 5 month block in 2011).

As for what I 'd be using the card for, I said primarily traveling (flghts, hotels) and restaurants, and that I wanted a card that would reward me for this type of spending.

I told him that I would be looking to pay off the balance in full or as much as possible each month (wasn't sure what is preferred in their minds).

He thanked me for my answers, put me on hold for a few minutes, then came back and said he was able to approve me for a $5,000 limit Smiley Happy

Overall, I think it was fairly easy to get the card, despite my past derogs. You can see my most recent scores in my sig, but I suspect the scores will go down for a few months before AAoA and payment history start to climb again. Since I don't plan to app for any more cards, do you guys think it will be possible for me to hit 740 this year?

Current Scores:EQ: 726 (07/13) | TU: 656 (03/13) | EX: 715 (07/13)
Goal Scores (2013): EQ: 750 | TU: 700 | EX: 730 - Last app: 11 May 2013 - Done apping for the foreseeable future
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.