Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa signature?

tag
mojobones89
Contributor

Visa signature?

Was not aware that my nfcu cash rewards was a signature?what the different from a regular visa?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pakman92
Established Contributor

Re: Visa signature?

@mojobones89 wrote:
Was not aware that my nfcu cash rewards was a signature?what the different from a regular visa?

I don't mean to patrionize you, but, Google is our freind.  

http://usa.visa.com/personal/visa-signature/index.jsp?gclid=CLjup8XdtLYCFeY7OgodohYA0g

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 2 of 5
mojobones89
Contributor

No all good,I would just rather have a conversation with other people's personal experience than just a post of info on the web.
Message 3 of 5
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@mojobones89 wrote:

One difference is the "hard limit" of a regular Visa versus the "NPSL" that is common with a Signature Visa.  With the regular Visa, if you have a CL of $5K, you can't/shouldn't go over the $5k limit; if you do (a) you could be declined depending on the charges, (b)you can't make additional charges without drawing a potential "red flag" on your account and (c) the issuer could shut you down or CLD as worst case scenario.  Whereas, with a Signature Visa, since it's considered NPSL, you can go over the same $5K limit, but with the excess beyond that limit, the expectation of the issuer for that privilege is that you'll pay it off rather pronto. 

Message 4 of 5
mojobones89
Contributor

Ah ok make sense,I think I'll stick to my prg lol
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.